Cheap .22 barrels?

ImBillT

I have a CZ 452 Varmint in 17HM2. It shoots fairly well, but I've been disappointed in it compared to .22's that I have. The way it was shooting I was feeling somewhat like it may have been the ammunition. After reading a post on here a few days ago regarding run-out of some Eley .17HM2 ammo I decided I may wanna try a .22 barrel on the sucker. Anyone know where a guy could get a relatively low priced take-off barrel in .22? It wouldn't have to be a CZ barrel. I could re-thread, and re-chamber it if need be.

Bill,
Numrich has some Anschutz '22lr Match' bbl blanks for about $90. I have had good success with 3 of them. They have the chamber end marked and there is choke lapped into the bore at the muzzle end. There are 2 'issues' with these blanks.

#1. They are 1.2" cylindrical blanks. I actually left one full dia for my 40x and shot a couple of the best 5 shot groups of my life with this set up. Back to back low 2 and a mid 1 @ 50 with Eley black box EPS. I turned another one down to a 'tuner' profile and left a nearly full dia section at the muzzle for and integral tuner base. I haven't shot this bbl enough to see how it is going to perform.

#2. They are just under 20" long. If they were 24 or 26 they would be a bit more versatile.

Good luck

Cz Barrel

Try Gene Davis
I Bought 2 Takeoffs
1 Hart 1 Broughton To Play With Have Had Good Results For Next To Nothing

Back