chamber roundness

Indexing?

?? I do not know IF this would work but it seems that IF one were using a TPI of 18 (just change to the TPI you are working with), one / 18 = .05 / 360° = .00015 per ° x the number of ° you wish to proceed to? So, if the barrel clocked at 12:15 and you wanted 1:00 it should equate to .00015 X 270° = .04166 or approx. .042
.......makes sense?.......... Jan

Hoping to to take a little of the heat from this thread, let me offer a link to a short video showing how Gordy sets up a barrel.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aII2tbavKnM

If you follow it to the end, where there is a closeup of the indicator, you will see that it is one that reads directly to .0001", and judging by that and the length of the probe, I imagine that it is not a cheap one. It may be that the previous posters were referring to different videos, and did not realize it.

I have watched Gordy's video and I Emailed him about the indicators (since I don't own any yet, I wanted to buy them once, buy the right one's, cry once then move on).

His reply was:

Hi, Dennis

I get the indicator and long tip from MSC (1-800-645-7270). Their part #'s re as follows:

06249411 Mitotoyu .0001" indicator kit
06445464 Long tip

The magnetic base I get from Grizzly (www.grizzly.com) - part # G9813

I indicate the muzzle end up primarily to gain a little more elevation for long range shooting (helps w/ scopes that have limited elevation range). For short range, I'd put the muzzle either up or down.

Back