Chad's getting his arse kicked. . .(help??)

N

NesikaChad

Remmy short action chambered for the 7.82 Lazzi Patriot.

Customer brought me this rifle (it's the one I fluted the bolt on a few weeks ago) initially because it wouldn't eject the spent case from the port. Extraction is fine.

So, I pulled the ejector and lengthened the stroke of the plunger by increasing the length of the feature where the pin retains the plunger.

I solved the ejection problem and created another issue in the process. Now it won't feed because in order to get it to kick the case out the plunger sticks out past the bolt a bit. When it picks a round from the magazine it gets hung up under the ejector and locks the thing up tight.

This would be why I don't like repairs when it's a cobbled mess that someone else built.

Ideas? Short of some major surgery I'm stumped.

BTW it's using a Sako extractor which means I'm violating one of my cardinal rules of not fussing with these in twin lug 90* bolt guns. Someone opened the bolt face to make this work.

Thoughts appreciated.

C

Last edited by a moderator:
When I pull the bolt very, very slowly the case appears to try to eject at almost dead nuts 12 o clock instead of at 9:30 (L/H action btw) I'm thinking its because of the large diameter of the cartridge case head and due to the width of the Sako extractor.

ugh...

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried that Bob. I'll bump it up a little more and see what happens.

FIXED!!!:D:D:D

mUUUUUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA. . . . .

THANKS BOB!

Extractor sex is a wonderful thing!

Chad, You can also grind a 45 deg on one end of the sako extractor, and change the direction
that the empty is launched---- Nothing like extractor sex

Bob is clairvoyant.

And here I thought I was guilty of having an original thought. I also machined a little crescent in the bolt face ID next to the extractor at the 12 position to relieve the rim a little as it rotates.

Very cool, very simple, and it doesn't have a "John Holmes" for an ejector anymore. Basically if the smith had used the narrow Sako extractor it'd of never been a problem me thinks.

yet one more reason not to use a sako extractor. In my experience even modifying the extractor doesn't get the ejection angle low enough. Most of the time they will eject without a scope on then you will find they hit the turret on the scope. You could plug the ejector hole and redrill it to give a lower ejection angle.

For right handed folks, that's the way scopes should be mounted. The industry has it wrong............In this way, on a benchrest, the windage turret is right there at your left hand.........

Back