Case annealer

Wilbur

cook and bottle washer
I received this info request and am unable to offer a good answer.

I am seeking a case neck annealer. I used a friends in XXXXXX and am now in XXXXXX and am seeking a higher end mechanism similar to the two torch, revolving device I used........

Would you folks kindly offer you opinions please?

You mean

The ken light annealer?
kenlightmfg.com

A friend and I have one, use it and its a great machine.

Last edited:
Ken Light annealer

The ken light annealer?
kenlightmfg.com

A friend and I Have one, use it and its a great machine.

I agree with Greg, the Ken Light annealing machine is a quality tool and works great.

Dick

Wilber, i had my share and now use a BenchSource with one torch,i didn't see the need for the second one. I only do Dashers on it and it is very accurate in the timing and it spins the case, so it is very uniform. I use a torch head with a hose and it keeps the weight of the bottle on the bench and out of the way……. jim

I have a Bench Source and like it very much. I use two torches and when the case drops from
the machine I drop it in a bucket of water. The water cooling is not necessary but I like to do it.
I wash cases with SS pins so they are clean inside and out, the carbon on the inside of the
case (IMO) seems to interfere with the annealing time uniformity. I have done about 11,000 on
mine from .223 up to .50 BMG. Never a bit of trouble in 1 1/2 years.

I'm not hijacking this thread but...

Wilbur,

Just sent you an email about a problem on the site.
Here is the contents:

"Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid."

Small bug?
I logged in(11/18/13 07:39 AM +/-), read new posts and was doing the ‘mark all read’ and got that message.
Phil aka tazzman

Cheers,

Phil aka tazzman

Last edited:
If I were to get another annealer

I would buy one of those small induction tools sold for auto mechanic to heat bolts & nuts. They are a no muss no fuss simple machine, no water , no flame and from the YouTube films I have seen, make cases look like they just came out of the box new. If I were a younger person I would find a maker to develop an induction annealer complete with timer and specifically designed for annealing rifle cartridges. I have seen similar devices used to heat tools that people who work with wax use. That sort of design, seems to me to be doable and probably affordable. A friend uses one of the small Auto Mechanic units and has great results with it.

Pete

Last edited:
Back