Carroll Shelby passes

My father sold Fords back in the 63 to 66 era and would bring home propaganda and we would also watch any tv coverage. I also ordered brochures from Shelby American with the price lists on the various cars they had. Iirc a 427 Cobra was $6600 ??. All thrown away unfortunately. I used to sit in class and draw silhouettes of GT40's and back in the slot car and model car days had GT40's, J cars, Lola Fords, etc.

He lived a long time to be someone whose driving career was cut short in 60 or 61 by a heart condition. He and Dan Gurney put America on the map with their cars and driving [ Opps, can't forget Jim Hall !!! ] [ Phil Hill was just a driver :) ].

My father sold Fords back in the 63 to 66 era and would bring home propaganda and we would also watch any tv coverage. I also ordered brochures from Shelby American with the price lists on the various cars they had. Iirc a 427 Cobra was $6600 ??. All thrown away unfortunately. I used to sit in class and draw silhouettes of GT40's and back in the slot car and model car days had GT40's, J cars, Lola Fords, etc.

He lived a long time to be someone whose driving career was cut short in 60 or 61 by a heart condition. He and Dan Gurney put America on the map with their cars and driving [ Opps, can't forget Jim Hall !!! ] [ Phil Hill was just a driver :) ].

Yeah, his driving career was cut short, but oh look what cars he helped get out there. As well as the FIA Manufacturers trophies he took away from Ferrari!! Be well up there Carrol. You have earned a rest.

Jay Lynn Gore called me last night to say he found a large Shelby Cobra poster rolled up in his barn. Said it was signed by him. Wasn't aware that he passed.

Tough day. I became enamored with Cobra's when I was 14 and built my own replica 12 years ago. Have been a gear head for over 30 years,,,,,,,, until this Benchrest bug took over.

Back