Carbon River Wind flags

Does anybody know what's the. Current situation with Carbon River Fabrication? My emails bounce back, their website seems down, and know answer or return call by telephone. I'm trying to collect on an order from Jan/feb.
Tim

Missing in Action!

The carbon river flag guy is not responding to any form of communications. I tried to get in touch with him to order spare parts, no luck! If I remember correctly his name is Mike and he works for a freight deliver company in Renton, Wa. If you do your internet research I think you can find his full name. I hope you did not get stiffed for money. Never pay until you get the goods. Thats what I have done with him.

Terry

Yup, so far it appears I have been stiffed for money. Typically I send the Check with the order so the person knows I'm not kicking tires but this episode has turned me a little sour on dealing with smaller companies. I usually go to the Seattle area several times a year and I guess I'll be stopping by Michael Gibeault's place for dinner on my next trip to collect. I would warn future costomers but I don't think you could even reach him to place an order. I've also considered that he may have passed on and there may not be anybody to close out his affairs. We'll see.

Tim

ballpowder, what phone number or numbers do you have for him? May have some info I will pm to you. I would also encourage you and others who are having problems with this company to file a complaint with www.bbb.org. If he has stiffed you and took your money, go to www.ic3.gov (fbi cybercrime unit) and file a complaint. You also need to contact the USPS and file a complaint with them as he has committed mail fraud by taking your money using the USPS if you sent him the check through the mail. Lastly, contact the Washington state attorney general's office and file a complaint with them.

This happened to me with another fly by nite "company". My wife sent this company(one man) a check because it cost him money to handle credit card orders. That's the excuse he gave her in an email. Make a long story short, he stiffed us for $242, and fell off the map or so he thought. I filed complaints with all of the above. It took 2.5 years, but I got every penny out of that piece of dirt. And no, my wife does not send checks to internet based companies anymore.

Good luck..........

Last edited:
And those of us who are reputable BR suppliers send a bill w/ the parts and ask that you pay us when you get the stuff. In 12 years of selling flags and related BR supplies, I have not been stiffed by a customer.

David J. Halblom Sr.

David, just to clarify, this wasn't a BR supplier I had the problem with. What little interaction I've had with BR shooters has been great. As soon as I throw a few $$ together, I'm in need of a set of your flags.

Thanks to a PM from DSM I was able to make contact with Carbon River and hopefully on my way to resolving the situation. Thank you to everyone who spoke up. I really appreciate it.

Tim

Back