Carbon Fouling questions recent powders

Carbon Cleaner

A friend suggested I try this product on carbon. It works quite well as long as I use the Iosso Nylon Brush. Can be purchased at any Mercury Outboard Dealer. Comes out of the can as a foam. I like the Iosso Paste as well. Both are good products. This is just easier to use for me. The Iosso brush is really stiff. Must be made of delrin?

GW

25aog37.jpg

Last edited:
Big Al

Whatever you do, do not try any of these products. They will end all of your fantasies about what works and what kinda of works real slow.

https://www.kgcoatings.com/index.php?_a=viewCat&catId=25

KG-1 for carbon and KG-12 for copper. I wish you all lived close to me, I have lots of quart bottles of the slow stuff to give away.

I have no financial interest in this company, other than buying from them.

End the myths and the search, this stuff just flatly works. :D

Hey Big Al,
I bought some KG 1 & 12 a while back and it does seem to work purty well. I don't have a borescope so I can't see if it's cutting all the copper or not. It works instantly on a penny but since it doesn't turn a patch blue it's hard to tell if it's getting all the copper out. What's your experience?
Possum

Well I made a fortuitous discovery yesterday. I found a large piece of the synthetic "Hairpad" I'd used to rebuild the seat of a show horse saddle many years ago.

I'd used this stuff before when cleaning BP pistol barrels.

It's similar in appearance to the 3m sanding pads but white and of course with no grit.

After letting Balistol sit in the bore overnight I ran the pad through a few times and it began to turn grey and tiny black flecks began to show.

What hasn't disolved in the various solvents seems to be breaking loose from its hold on the steel.

The hair pad is working about like the Losso brush would, though not as agressively.

Back