carbide bushings

chaymbrd

does anyone have contact information for Bud Mundy. I believe he sells carbide b;ushings. Are titanium nitride as good as the carbide ones?

If you dont have dirt and carbon on your necks a plain bushing will last several lifetimes. I mean brass just aint gonna wear out steel without some kind of abrasive

Carbide bushings

I have found that some carbide bushings have manufacturing defects. I have two.

When faced with the decision,steel vs carbide, I chose both. I can't say that I can tell the difference on the target.

Glenn

Just so we are clear on nomenclature, and I'm sure we all already know this, .00005 is a "half tenth," being as .0001 is a "tenth." .0005 is a "half thousandth."

.2575 could be said as: "Two fifty seven and a half thousandths," or as: "Two fifty seven and five tenths," or even as: Two hundred fifty seven and a half thousandths...."

Pesky decimal places.... :)

Sorry fellas. Half thousandth! How bout five tenths? I am a trained machinist, worked for many aerospace industries, well versed in all machine shop practices from manual grinders to the latest and greatest machining centers even the crazy swiss types and programming CMMs but was in a hurry as usual and slipped the decimal- please accept my apologies!

Anyway call Steve at benchrite. He can get anything and does it with the best customer service.

Dusty this site is sometimes funny like the targets we shoot .
Always trying to be EX ACT
Keep doing a find job my friend I like the help
Cheers Dickie

Sorry fellas. Half thousandth! How bout five tenths? I am a trained machinist, worked for many aerospace industries, well versed in all machine shop practices from manual grinders to the latest and greatest machining centers even the crazy swiss types and programming CMMs but was in a hurry as usual and slipped the decimal- please accept my apologies!

I had my tongue in cheek when I posted :)

I have been told by someone involved in the mfg. of these that the titanium nitrided ones are considered more dimensionally true. Since then that's all I ever bought.

I have been told by someone involved in the mfg. of these that the titanium nitrided ones are considered more dimensionally true. Since then that's all I ever bought.

I wouldnt doubt that. I've never had a runout issue once I figured all my die stuff out and thats the bushings I use

I would expect the same comment by someone who manufactures carbide dies.

Test a good sample size of both carbide and TN to determine if the statement is true.

Since that person is engaged in selling a product that keeps him gainfully employed, I wouldn't expect him to comment differently. :)

Back