"Can" of worms . . . .

R

Rimsmith

I would really appreciate any information concerning, or direction to a source for knowledge concerning "limiting" adverse effects on accuracy, when installing a suppressor. More specifically, my greatest area of concern, is the amount of metal that is removed from the muzzle, for the suppressors that are commonly available.
I may be completely off base... but, to me, I would think you would want to preserve as much of the Barrel's muzzle diameter, as possible. To the contrary, this seems to be given very little consideration.

All thoughts or experience on this would be appreciated.

Gunsmiths put tuners on barrels with out any problems .

If a barrel was profiled and threaded for a suppressor by the maker you could leave that threaded portion larger.

Glenn:D

I'm going to 3/4-24 mounts for a new suppressor - mostly because the bbl. on my DTA SRS already has those threads - but also to avoid the issue of reducing the dia. of the other bbls. I intend to use this suppressor on.

I'm going to 3/4-24 mounts for a new suppressor - mostly because the bbl. on my DTA SRS already has those threads - but also to avoid the issue of reducing the dia. of the other bbls. I intend to use this suppressor on.

That's not one I had heard of anyone using... 'Sounds like a step in the right direction, though, the Barrels I'm wanting to do, are considerably larger. May go with a custom thread for my Barrels, and "turn" an adapter, to the 3/4-24.
Good information, Thank You...

I bore out the muzzle device to just under barrel diameter and turn a locking ring to go behind it. Now you can "tune" the muzzle device as long as it's concentric. And you'll find that moving it does affect groups.

I've just ordered a Thunder Beast 30BA can & mount(s); you can check their website to get more info on what thread sizes they offer. I plan on using this suppressor on multiple host rifles, with bores from 6mm up through 30 cal. Construction is titanium, which should help reduce its effect on bbl. harmonics vs. a can welded up from steel & inconel.

I bore out the muzzle device to just under barrel diameter and turn a locking ring to go behind it. Now you can "tune" the muzzle device as long as it's concentric. And you'll find that moving it does affect groups.

Nice Idea! Using the Suppressor, to tune Barrel harmonics.... A+

I tread a lot of barrels for cans. I prefer larger threads. 3/4-24 if possible. M18-1.5 minimum on a 338. 5/8-24 on 30's.
I think Al was talking about muzzle brakes not suppressors.

Dave

I was talking about both Dave, and tuners for that matter. I like to thread the barrel as large as possible. Plus I've recently followed Harrell's lead with 32tpi everything.

Back