Can anyone recommend a book, etc.

A

arshuter

Look for help with things like tracking, bags, etc. I've been shooting FT/R for a year now and want to improve my scores. Would also like to start shooting belly bench. Also if anyone would like to take the time to explain it would be much appreciated.
Thanks for any and all your help,
Alan

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike Ratigan's book will explain the proper use of rests and bags. I have not seen Tony's book yet but I can only Imagine it would be money well spent.
Larry

Larry, Thanks for the comeback. Remember I'm new at this. Tony who and do you know the titles. Thank you. Alan

arshooter, welcome.

"Tony" is Tony Boyer, the highest rated Bench Rest shooter on God's earth. His book. http://tonyboyer.com/

Mike Ratigan is also a highly rated shooter, competing in world competition. Clifdweller got him covered nicely ;)

al

Thank you guys. I will check the info out. Thanks again

I don't know what type shooting you are wanting to improve on, both of those books are good. Nancy Thompson ( I probably misspelled her name ) has a good book on that Camp Perry type shooting . Good Luck Max

Mike Ratigan's book is a better option from all. It gives you all information on your topic.

Mike Ratigan is best book for your purpose. I hope you will buy it to improve your skills.

I just got Tony Boyer's book "The Book of Rifle Accuracy" last. Wow talk about going down the rabbit hole, it made my head spin. I'm taking it very slowly, as there is so much information in it. If your REALLY serious this is the book for you. Even if you don't want to go that deep down the rabbit hole, there are enough tips and information, if you apply them, I'm sure it will improve your scores.

Gina

Look for help with things like tracking, bags, etc. I've been shooting FT/R for a year now and want to improve my scores. Would also like to start shooting belly bench. Also if anyone would like to take the time to explain it would be much appreciated.
Thanks for any and all your help,
Alan

Get all the books you can. Also the benchrest Primer, Great to see how some of this has evolved. A piece of advise if I may. Read all of it, but start with the basics keeping all the advanced stuff in your mind. Best advise i got from the gang on here, GET SOME WIND FLAGS and go shoot. It has made by far the biggest improvements on my shooting/groups.

I am unable to find Mike Ratigan. I their any other book to solve my purpose??
Waiting for reply.

Back