Can anybody recommend a good "accurizing 101" source?

Our club, the Dakota Benchrest Shooters, will be having several club shoots later this year. Factory-ish guns are in a seperate class and we encourage people starting on their accuracy quest to join us for the fun. Hopefully, the O.P. can join us for at least one of these events.

He and I have met and he's definitely going to be an asset to our club. He's starting his adventures in rifle accuracy the same way I did....seeking the advice of people that have been where he's at. I'm fortunate to have had some good people guide me in the beginning. I would encourage everyone to help out a new person.

Snarky comments and rude, elitist attitudes do zero to grow the shooting sport. Or this site.

I'm in Sioux Falls, S.D., and have been speaking with Al Nyus, as the range he helps to run is only about 5 minutes from my house. So I'm hoping that will work out for me, as it's a benchrest club and there should be some shooters I can link up with for more specific learning. It's also a private facility, so a bit more quiet. The other ranges I've been going to lately aren't too bad, but they're busy and the closest one is 45 minutes away. It's hard to focus when you have brass hitting you in the head from the next lane.

There's a lot of good info in this thread, so I'm going to roll back through and start to digest it.
When it comes to, "accurizing", center-fire rifles, you'll find Mr. Nyhus difficult to best - a great source of information/knowledge, and willing to share!
Too bad you're relegated to THE FORBIDDEN ZONE - besides Al, you'll have to contend with several, other "misfits", who despite the, ZONING, manage to be pretty decent competitors.:p;) RG

I prefer books, but in this case I would not recommend Gordy's (chambering) book. I thought it had a lot of gaps and just wasn't very well written. In that particular case his chambering video is much better.

GsT
I'd agree.

Back