California State ARA Shoot

Open Grove will be hosting the California State ARA Shoot on Sunday October 27th start time 8:30am sharp. On Saturday the 26th there will also be a 6 card tournament start time 5:00pm sharp, both matches are limited to 20 competitors. There will be beverages and snacks served for both days, along with barbeque tri-tip and chicken served for Sundays State shoot.

Prizes were donated from Ray and Bob Hill, Mike Ezell, these will be flags and a anonymous person donating 3 shillen barrels. Thank You Gentlemen. There will be cash prizes also given away, medals for high targets, and the top 5 agg. awards with cash.

The cost for both days will be $60.00. The tournament on Sat. will be $20.00, the State shoot will be $40.00. As of now there are 13 signed up, please let me know if you would like to attend.

Regards,
Joe

Maybe

I may come visit, but i am not sure yet. I am mostly a position shooter. do you have any links for this rifle range, or maps on how to get there? I will be driving from Vandenberg AFB.

I may come visit, but i am not sure yet. I am mostly a position shooter. do you have any links for this rifle range, or maps on how to get there? I will be driving from Vandenberg AFB.

I hope you can make it, I'll have an extra rifle, rest and bag on hand if you are interested. You are about 100 miles north of the range. Here is a link to one of our Regional air-rifle matches, http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/?s=open+grove&submit=Search, there are some photos there to look at.

The address for the range is 4101 Santa Clara Ave. Oxnard, Ca. 93036. My cell is 805-444-8521 if you have any questions.

Regards,
Joe

Is there a limit on registration of shooters? Will the range be open Friday during the day for practice.

Joes post has limit of 20 shooters, thenext post has come one come all,,, so which is it, like to drop by and shoot, trying to plan this from 2200miles away..

Joes post has limit of 20 shooters, thenext post has come one come all,,, so which is it, like to drop by and shoot, trying to plan this from 2200miles away..

Cajun,

It is limited to 20 competitors. My cell and email is posted, give me a call or send me an email.

Regards,
Joe

Joe,, i will give you a call in the next few days,, thanks..... Scotty

Joes post has limit of 20 shooters, thenext post has come one come all,,, so which is it,
Open Grove deserves to have all seats filled, which means 20 participants. You will be hard pressed to find a venue that matches the facility and the apmosphere.

I would expect no less than tough competition,, if my work schedule let's me, i will be calling Joe.... Work is just crazy rite now, trying to make time to get time off..

^^ Tough competition's an understatement. Most that frequent Open Grove make it look easy.

What is the effects of the new law Brown just signed last week on rimfire benchrest?

Mike,

The lead ban is for hunting purposes only as I take it. Brown states that it must be completely implemented in the State by the year 2019. As of now you can't hunt using lead in the condor zones, which is a good chunk of area.

We are using bullet traps since the beginning, but who knows what's in store down the road.

Regards,
Joe

Back