Caliber Advice

6mm Remington bests the 243 by 150 fps. Still a short action. Very accurate. Available as factory load. Really versatile when reloading. 22" barrel is adequate. Low recoil makes it very pleasant to shoot.

I havent ever seen a factory load that would out shoot a tuned up hand load..... I dont buy much loaded ammo any more though. Heck for the price of 100 factory rounds, i can have a set of dies and a little brass, bullets and powder. Then i am all set for the rest of my days. Lee

The original poster said "I want it to be a chambering that is a standard production round , so factory ammo can be used if I want to." I, personally, never have to live by that restriction, but the posters here have assumed that the OP has a good reason for wanting factory ammo to be available.

G'day

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions.
I know you all are going to slap your knee and laugh , or shake your head in wonder , but I have decided to get a 30BR.
I know it doesn't meet some of the requirements that I originally posted , but if my wife is allowed to change her mind 5 times about the tiles in our bathroom , then I can too.
Seriously I am going to get a 30BR and enjoy it.

Thankyou for your time .

harro

If you want to shoot 400 yards and hunt. Id go with one of the 6.5s .

Back