buying from the classifieds here.

I belong to a number of other hunting and shooting related sites as do many of you. They accept PP for donations as well as don't squawk about using PP in your BST ads. In PP's eyes how can a site discussing guns be any different from the sale of them, but they don't seem to look askance at them.

There is a difference between having a PP account and using your own card through PP.

There is a difference between having a PP account and using your own card through PP.

That's profound, but I don't get the relevance. There are just 3 ways to pay with PP; from an existing balance, from a linked bank account or from a linked credit card. If you take the sage advice from some PP account holders and maintain no existing balance or little to no balance in your linked account then that leaves just one option and that's to pay with a CC. Actually the CC is the smart way since you have more protection and more leverage in a dispute.

That's profound, but I don't get the relevance. There are just 3 ways to pay with PP; from an existing balance, from a linked bank account or from a linked credit card. If you take the sage advice from some PP account holders and maintain no existing balance or little to no balance in your linked account then that leaves just one option and that's to pay with a CC. Actually the CC is the smart way since you have more protection and more leverage in a dispute.

I see plenty relevance. PP has no eyes and cannot affect a sale with your own credit card. Any disputes is with your credit card company and yourself not PP. You are correct that credit card is the safest way.

I see plenty relevance. PP has no eyes and cannot affect a sale with your own credit card. Any disputes is with your credit card company and yourself not PP. You are correct that credit card is the safest way.

Generally if there is an issue [regardless] of how you pay, resolution usually starts with PP. Even if it involves the "forbidden fruit" your CC company may contact PP. If your CC company issues a chargeback that pisses PP off too; esp. if you don't get them involved at the outset.

Anyways the OP should contact the person in charge of classifieds for info about protection.
Snailmail payments can be slow and there is real possibility of loss. Best thing is to use a bubble pack envelope with styro peanuts or bubble pack to get the thickness over 3/4 inch. You can then use one of those services [PP's is now Pirate Ship] to print a label and get FREE tracking. I sent my grandkids' tax returns that way.

Back