Bushnell Elite 6500 4.5 - 30X

I bought a new 6500 Elite 4.5 x 30 the other day. Put it on a Savage 12 in 223 in hopes of using it for Precision.

So far I wish I had stuck with the Leupold VX III.

I do not find it as bright or as sharp as the VX III, this has only been at 100 yards.

Tomorow will be the test to 800 yards.

Price Canadian was $ 719.00

Bushnell 6500

Bob, have you tried out your 6500 yet?

I have the 4.5x30, have been to the range with it once. I like everything about it except the crispness of the clicks and this particular rifle has never shot so badly. I am still hopeful, but the holding of point of aim is in question.

I am used to NF, March and Leupold Competition clicks, and the Bushnell seems to need a more defined click.

Bushnell 6500 4.5x30

I got to the range again this afternoon, and things are looking better. I tightened my action screws, and it shot a good bit better. I'm beginning to like this scope, and the adjustment to put the knobs back to zero is wonderful. You simply lift the turret knob up, turn to zero and push the knob back down. Wa-la, your knobs are zeroed.

Hello, My first time here, how do I send my 6500 elite back to bushnell to have the moa changed? Thanks

i have one on a savage 6mmbr lrpv..what's good...clear glass,holds poi,..whats fair..eye relief at higher maginification..what's poor...it's too easy to fat finger the adjustments..very little tension..not crazy about the side focus..seems my nikon scopes work better..more lattitude..bushnell more on-off

I bought one last year when they came out. At the time they had a 1 yr full refund warranty.I was not happy with the optics over 24x and it did not track as I expected. They did give me a full refund. I will continue to by thier 3200 series scopes which I think are good value for the money. For the price of a 6500 series I will spend a bit more and go with Nightforce or I might try a Sightron. Hopefully Bushell will upgrade the 6500 series, I have heard others with the same complaints I have about them.

Back