Bushnell Elite 6500 4.5 - 30X

A

AlanF

Has anyone got experience with these yet? They look very good on paper at least.

Alan

The glass must be something else to have a magnification range like that. I have seen them cheaper than $1100. I was thinking of trying one when I get the cash. I heard something of a one year money back guarantee. That is saying something if it is true. I don't know any scope company that will give you your money back if you turn out to not like it. The cheapest I saw was $739. I think they aren't available yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
$800 to $900 is what I see them advertised for.
And it is my opinion the 6500 series are over priced by about $200 (but I think most optics are over priced).
They do not have much for reticle selection to fit most target/competition needs.
For $55 plus two way shipping, Bushnell will put a 1/4 or 1/2 Dot on a fine cross hairs. 6-weeks turn around they say.

The 4200 series is a good scope for the money I feel and real impressed with 30mm 6x24 model. But again not much for reticle selection with out paying for a custom.

Happy Shooting
Donovan Moran

Last edited:
Bushnell's "fine" reticle

I hope that the 6500's fine reticle is actually fine on this model rather than the big 'ole crosshair's that are on the 4000 Elite's. I would own more of them were it not for this. Has anyone read of a review on the 6500 where this was covered ?

Rodney

Last edited:
They are "Fine Plex" or "Mil-Dot".... not a straight "fine".
You can get a fine with a Dot from their custom shop for $55 more plus 2 way shipping.

Happy Shooting
Donovan Moran

$739

Bill- Where did you see them advertised for $739. I might get on a waiting list for that.

Frank-The Optic Zone!!! They advertise on here and 6mmbr. Hope to shoot with/see you guys on 6/14. Hopefully I shoot a little better.

Donovan -

I have one of the new Elite 6500 2.5-16x42 scopes on a custom SA 700 in 250 Ackley Improved, and so far am pleased with it. Haven't done much except to zero the rifle while fireforming a few rounds, but the adjustments were pretty much spot on. While mounting the scope, I noticed that it's made in Japan instead of China - that may well account for at least part of the "$200 overpriced". At any rate, the optics are clear & sharp - if the 4.5-30 is at least as good as the smaller scope, I'd sure like to have one for the new BAT 3LL I'll be shooting at 1000 this summer.

flatlander --

Thanks for the report!!! Good to here actual "field tested" inputs!!!

Interesting on the "made in Japan"............

If you get a 4.5x30, please give me a heads up on it as well. I am very interested in one for the lower power aspect (4.5) to use on a deer rifle, but still have target capability of the high end (30X) for target development and varminting.

I've always had great respect for Bushnell products because I feel they sell most things at "affordable prices" and keep their competitions prices lower do to it.
This is why I feel the 6500's are a little spendy!!! They are probably worth the money, but I like seeing those "cheaper price tags" ....lol

Happy Shooting
Donovan Moran

Last edited:
Donovan -

I just finished reading the Sightron SIII 8-32x56 blog here:

http://accurateshooter.wordpress.com/2008/05/14/first-look-sightron-siii-8-32x56-scope/

This sounds like another scope I'd like to try on the 284 at 1000. Trouble is, it's not available yet either. If Simmons doesn't have either one of these scopes in stock by the time I get the BAT 3LL together, I'll just go with another Leupold 6.5-20x50 LR target scope and let someone else find out whether the new Elites and SIIIs are any good or not.

$1100 bucks!!!!!!! They had better be good.

Actually, if this scope proves to be reliable, repeatable and clear, it will be a bargain at even $1000. To get anything similar you would have to step up to a Leupold VX7 or Swarovski Z6, both of which will cost more than $2000. This is more than the most expensive Nightforce.

Not being a Bushnell fan, I am not holding my breath over this one but would bite should it turn out to be the real deal.

Not sure the need for so much magnification range in a target rifle but in a field rifle it would sure be handy.

Dennis

Which brings us back to:

"Has anyone got experience with these yet? They look very good on paper at least."

Don didn't have the fine plex- it was two weeks out. Bruno's had the fine plex in stock. I got one of them;) They have one left $667.

Dennis

A friend of mine got one today.

He ordered the fine plex but got one with mil dots. He is going to keep it. I looked thru the scope and the image is very bright and clear. He is putting it on a 6BR. James Mock

Hey guys, Lynn asked me to come here and check out this forum topic. I hope that it is OK for a dealer to post here. I read what rules I could find and didn't seen anything to the contrary.

We got our first shipment on Friday of the 4.5-30x and will be comparing it to several other scopes this weekend. I have been playing with a 2.5-16 for a while and did a brief evaluation when we first got it. You can read that here:

http://www.longrangesupply.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=99_100&zenid=6125a31435bc521cf130dada55645e9c

I will be adding the 4.5-30x link to that page later and will be glad to let you know when it is done.

Feel free to ask me any questions and I will do my best to answer them.

If there are rules about advertising gear in the forum, let me know and I will delete this next part.....

We have 12 units coming in next week with mil dot reticles and have one left in stock with with the Fine Multi-X reticle. but at least 10 more available as of this afternoon (May 31, 10 AM)

We will do our best to match or beat any legit advertised price on these scopes. Currently all models of the 6500 are now available.

Note: The first shipment of Mil Dots arrives on Monday. As for reticle thickness, the Multi-X appears to be maybe ten percent thinner than the Mil Dot on the center of reticle line thickness. I am trying to find the specs from Bushnell and will post them here when I do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a heads up...

We got some more scopes the other day, two left, distributors are all sold out again.

Back