Bukys Tuner

Joe Johannesson

I recently had a Gene Bukys tuner installed on one of my barrels.
Mr. Bukys mention that one shut adjust the tuner by turning it 1/8 of a turn. So am I correct that 1/8 of a turn would be like 7,5 minutes ?
turns222.jpg
I tuned the barrel without the tuner and then put it on, first 3 shoots were good ,0115 so I shoot a 5 shoot group that measure 0,125 I then turned the tuner 1/8 of a turn and shoot 5 more 3 shot groups. After the shooting the last 3 groups I shoot one 25 shoot aggregate witch measure 0,187 at 100 meters.
I could see the impact change when installing the tuner but I was thinking than maybe I turned the tuner to much ?

A few items, in the interest of clarity :)

I _think_ I'm understanding your question and if so, YES you're right.

I _think_ you're dividing the circle into a clock face so that 12:00 is straight up, 3:00 is to the right (15 minutes of an hour) 6:00 straight down (30 minutes of an hour) and 9:00 would be the lefternmost line (45 minutes of an hour) therefore a line at 45 degrees after 12:00 position would read "7 and one half minutes" of the hour.....which you illustrate as 7,5 minutes, meaning 7 and 1/2 minutes on the face of an old clock.

Over here we use decimals, this would be notated 7.5 minutes (confusion #1 LOL)

BUT!!

Here's where it gets really confusing trying to understand your question.....

When using angular divisions of a circle, MINUTES means something entirely different! You've heard the term "MOA" used? This is "minutes of angle" or approximately 2.908 centimeters at 100 meters.

When my eyes read "7,5 minutes" my brain immediately says "7.5moa" which leads me in an entirely different direction.

All that said, YES 1/8 turn = 7.5 minutes on the clock face or 45 degrees

1/8 of a turn also equals about .004 movement of tuner (on bukys) , which can bring out of tune gun to a tuned gun
initial 1/8 turn adjustments are to find the sweet spot. (usually 3 straight adjustments that shoot good) then set in the middle of the 3
adjust in .001 adjustments or less and check on target

A few items, in the interest of clarity :)

I _think_ I'm understanding your question and if so, YES you're right.

I _think_ you're dividing the circle into a clock face so that 12:00 is straight up, 3:00 is to the right (15 minutes of an hour) 6:00 straight down (30 minutes of an hour) and 9:00 would be the lefternmost line (45 minutes of an hour) therefore a line at 45 degrees after 12:00 position would read "7 and one half minutes" of the hour.....which you illustrate as 7,5 minutes, meaning 7 and 1/2 minutes on the face of an old clock.

Over here we use decimals, this would be notated 7.5 minutes (confusion #1 LOL)

BUT!!

Here's where it gets really confusing trying to understand your question.....

When using angular divisions of a circle, MINUTES means something entirely different! You've heard the term "MOA" used? This is "minutes of angle" or approximately 2.908 centimeters at 100 meters.

When my eyes read "7,5 minutes" my brain immediately says "7.5moa" which leads me in an entirely different direction.

All that said, YES 1/8 turn = 7.5 minutes on the clock face or 45 degrees

Thank you for looking at this alinwa, As Mr. Bukys say
"No 9. If the rifle shoots big after installing the tuner on the muzzle, (this is the norm) just shoot 3 shot groups and start turning the tuner out 1/8 turn at a time till you find the area where it will stick them. I find that the rifle will usually come into tune before you have made one complete turn, but no big deal if you have to go a little more than one turn. "
So 1/8 turn shut mean that is I do this 8 times I have turn the tuner full circle ;-) right ?

Thank you for looking at this alinwa, As Mr. Bukys say
"No 9. If the rifle shoots big after installing the tuner on the muzzle, (this is the norm) just shoot 3 shot groups and start turning the tuner out 1/8 turn at a time till you find the area where it will stick them. I find that the rifle will usually come into tune before you have made one complete turn, but no big deal if you have to go a little more than one turn. "
So 1/8 turn shut mean that is I do this 8 times I have turn the tuner full circle ;-) right ?

ABsolutimally CORRECTimundo, or in other words "yes" you are right (correct) again :)

al-beenovercomplicatingstuffallmylifeso'sIgetthis-inwa

Back