Buddy Ross

TomD

e publius unum
A few minutes ago, I got the following email from a hotmail account from bross6mm:

"Hi there,

I really hope that you've had a good 2021 so far and that things are going well for you!
Can I ask you for a quick favor?

Thanks
Buddy"

I've known Buddy for years to the point we'll say hi when we pass at a match but no more and have never gotten an email or any other communication from him. If I thought he was behind this email, no problem, sure, whacha need?

But I'm almost certain someone has hacked his account and this is a hack/phishing attempt. Anyone know how to get up with him and ask if it genuine? If it isn't, tell him it's time to change passwords.

If he says the email is genuine, tell him I'll get up with him and do whatever I can.

TomD

Every 6 mos or so I get an email from a famous BR shooter. The key is at the bottom is indicates sent from iphone.....
I also get emails from 2 guys that are dead.....one guy going on 10 yrs since he died....

nader did you get my message about that tunner yoiu thru on my table what make.

Hi Bill,
Hope all is well. I got that tuner from "Otto", Greg Schnuur who use to hang with us at Canastota. I think he made it, he was good at making things.

Every 6 mos or so I get an email from a famous BR shooter. The key is at the bottom is indicates sent from iphone.....
I also get emails from 2 guys that are dead.....one guy going on 10 yrs since he died....

That's amazing. My guess is that they also vote democrat.

A month ago someone hacked my wife's email and sent the same thing to everyone of her contacts. Two weeks after that they tried to take a large sum from her bank account. It has been a night mare for her. She has a business and several bank accounts, we had to close them all and create new ones. I hope this doesn't happen to your friend.

A month ago someone hacked my wife's email and sent the same thing to everyone of her contacts. Two weeks after that they tried to take a large sum from her bank account. It has been a night mare for her. She has a business and several bank accounts, we had to close them all and create new ones. I hope this doesn't happen to your friend.

Well, 1 is dead. One is retired in MI/FL. The other. I don't care about.......

She didn't happen to have the same log on ID and password for both accounts?

Back