Bud Welsh Passes

Jerry Masker just reported some sad news....

It brings me great sadness to announce that Bud (James) Welsh passed away this morning after a long illness. He had been hospitalized since about November or December. They did a bone marrow transplant and I guess it didn't take. We (at least I) thought he was going to be doing OK as of about a month ago - he was still looking forward to going to the Hog Roast and the Super Shoot. I had visited with him about 3 weeks ago. Then about a week or two ago he started on Hospice. I had talked to him on Thursday but he was pretty doped up and then I received a call this morning from his wife. It was still quite a shock when I got the call.

I first met Bud probably in the early 1980's. He became interested in Benchrest and since about 1987 you would often find the two of us going to matches and loading together. My Dad made him his first bench gun around that time and then Bud got into the gunsmithing business himself. He and I also shared some other common interests. We often got together for coffee throughout the year. He was always good company and I shall miss him.

Please feel free to pass the word around.

Jerry

Last edited:
Every morning at 6AM when Karen Kelbly, Ruthie Kelbly and Arlene Inman started serving breakfast there would be the usual "first table" suspects and Bud would be one of that faithful. We solved many of the worlds problems at that table. even some benchrest accuracy problems were solved there too.

Go in peace my friend. Your presence will certainly be missed.

Bud was surely a friend to all, and will be missed greatly by everyone here. Haven't heard from Bud in a few years and this news hurts pretty badly.

Sorry to hear that about Bud'''. I enjoyed our conversations over the years.
My thought's and prayers go to his family'

Bud and I have been

parked side by side next to the barn for the last 4 years. It sure will not seem the same without him there any more. Too may of the good guys are going away this year. Be at peace my friend.

David

I had the pleasure of loading next to Bud at one SS and I shot next to him last year. He had a really good match and it was a pleasure to watch him shoot in some tough conditions. He was very knowledgeable and will be missed. My condolences to family and friends. James Mock

Attachments

• SS 2013 019.jpg
    SS 2013 019.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 451
Last edited:
So Long Bud

I had a lot of interesting conversations with Bud over the years. It was a pleasure watching him shoot so well at Fairchance last year. He will be missed.

IMG_3001.jpg

So Very Sorry to Hear of Bud's Passing....

Will keep Bud and his family in all my prayers...

May Bud rest in peace.

Jack

Back