Curt NCP

Congradulations to the Bud Pryor 1-2-300 yd winners
Hal Drake VFS Heavy
Dean Breeden VFS light
Frank McKee Hunter
Gary Long Varmit Hunter

Darn good shooting.

A hard fought weekend

What a weekend of shooting. To the winners, that was some great shooting. To Hal and Dean, congratulations on a well deserved win.

Congradulations to the Bud Pryor 1-2-300 yd winners
Hal Drake VFS Heavy
Dean Breeden VFS light
Frank McKee Hunter
Gary Long Varmit Hunter

Darn good shooting.

Curt, You forgot the toughest winner on the field for the weekend. Greg Palman won the Flying Fish Fundamentals 2 Gun Challenge...... and the $400 that went w/ it. Congratulations Greg

Congratulations Hal,
I heard it was a long three days at Thurmont.I think you should stick to score shooting and leave us group guys alone. I mean there's ony so much free time on anybodys schedule ,right ? and you seem to be like a score shootin natural,'cept ya don't smoke a pipe? So maybe you're really cut out for group,I dunno. Have you ever tried bowling or bocce ? Maybe we could hook you up with Alex Trebeck for a run at Jeopardy,that way we could have a little elbow room at our weekend group shooting matches without looking over our shoulders for YOU ! Why don't you go fishin' or sumthin'. I'll give you some nightcrawlers and a lantern !
nader
p.s. "nice shootin" to Dick Spencer as well !

Machine Gun Hal And His Trophy Win

Great win, Hal! A good, honest win (even though I thought you and Spencer were gonna have to arm wrestle to finish it off)! :D

Hal_BudTravelTrophy_June08.jpg

Hal Drake & Dick Spencer with 750 stickers

Both Hal & Dick shot clean, holding their well-earned and quite rare 750 stickers.

Good shooting, guys!

HalAndDick750s_Bud_June08.jpg

nice lookin tunna too

I believe Hal's rifle was sporting a tuner. I saw at least 5 of them on rifles this weekend.

Quite an experience

Congrats to all the winners and to both Hal and Dick for shooting clean! It was fun watching - I'm sure it was more fun doing it!

Thanks to everyone who kept things running (and kept us fed!) all weekend! It was LOTS of fun even if I didn't shoot anywhere near clean! Hopefully I'll get to try again next year...for now, its back to baseball for a few weeks...

Anyone have any of those "Do what I say and not what the wind says" bullets that they want to sell or give away? :rolleyes:

Tom

Congrats to Hal, Dean, Frank, Gary and Dick. Fine shooting all!

Hal, I guess you were using that same junk barrel you had at the Hog Roast? Darn thing is, if it were a 6 it might already be on life support. Do 30BR barrels last longer than 900 rounds????:D Might push 1200, huh? Although the way you shoot your 10.5 6PPC in group it doesn't really matter!

Jeff

Well, I guess

those of us shooting the 2 gun were just chopped liver.

And I do congratulate Hal on an incredible win!

David

No Dave, Greg shot extremely well to win the 2 gun and if I remember correctly he won it last year too. He is a good shooter and a nice guy. Frank Mckee only dropped 1 point a 300 with a 6 power gun and just missed setting a slew of records, very impressive! Dick Spencer and Hal Drake had an epic battle in VFS, Dick shot first and put the pressure on Hal with a great job of shooting, and then Hal proceeded to shoot the best target at 300 I have ever seen under that kind of pressure he shot a 4-x target and just barely missed the 5th, the boy has ice water in his veins. They both shot 750's and Hal set a new potential record with 40-xs. Dean Breeden stayed clean at 300 with a LV gun also and finished just shy of Ricky Read's record, all said and done some great shooting under tough conditions. Congrats, steve

Thanks to all. It was indeed a long weekend, shooting two guns will keep you busy. I was mentally exhausted after shooting the last target each day. My buddy Dick really put up a great fight to the bitter end, shooting a 50-3 on his last target. I was fortunate to shoot a good one at the end and squeak by.

Joel, I been a fisherman since I was a kid, but I never tried bocce, could you hook me with some pointers?

Jeff, yep I was shooting that junk barrel again...one of these days those fellers over at Bartlien are gonna figure out how to make a good barrel;).

I would like to congratulate all the other winners, great shooting.

Back