Buckys mount system - screws needed

PHaxell

Hi guys,

I need some new base screws for a Buckys mount system. The heads on mine are getting a bit worn after a lot of use and I can't do them up too well. This has resulted in the scope slipping on the bases during firing which don't help with accuracy.

If anyone has any they wouldn't mind sending to NZ in exchange for cash or can point me toward Gene or someone who sells such things, I'd be most obliged.

Many thanks
Peter

I would think that he use's a standard type screw that could be bought at any decent fastener supplier, just take one out and match it up.

Hi guys,

I need some new base screws for a Buckys mount system. The heads on mine are getting a bit worn after a lot of use and I can't do them up too well. This has resulted in the scope slipping on the bases during firing which don't help with accuracy.

If anyone has any they wouldn't mind sending to NZ in exchange for cash or can point me toward Gene or someone who sells such things, I'd be most obliged.

Many thanks
Peter

I recently saw somthing very cool in the way of Scope Mounts that may be of help to you here. I bought a CZ Air Rifle which came with scope mounts and a small scope. I noticed that one of the mounts had a set screw installed in it so that it can be snugged down into a hole on the rail on the rifle. This might be a good mod to make to the Buckys' mount. I have had them slip as well.

Another Mod is to install a small pin in the rail or mounting block for the mount to butt against. This mod works but isn't astetically appealing to me. The set screw is hidden however, which appeals to me more.

Those screws should be available @ McMaster-Carr. I don't know if they ship internationally but may. Ypu should be able to find a supplier that does. They are Torx Head screws, if you don't know the type.

Last edited:
I to had to replace the screws on my Buckys mount this past spring. I called gene himself and he hooked me up. Lee

Peter,

That's what those "light loads" you shoot get's you. If you can tell me what size they are I'll send you some.

Don

Don Don Don

Hey Don, I'm only shooting 30.4gn in this new barrel and can't get much more than that in the case - I think they are shrinking. You also got a hammer you can lend me? :)

My people tell me that those screws are 6-32 x 5/8". If you want to drop me a line: phaxell@xtra.co.nz is my email address as there is something else you might be able to help me with.

Cheers
Peter

Last edited:
Thanks for your help guys, I think I have this sorted now.

Lee, I don't have any contact details for Gene sorry. Kinda hoped someone could help me out with that.
Pete, sounds like a good idea but like you, not that keen in making mods to something which looks nice as it is. Thanks for the info though. Much appreciated.

Cheers
Peter

Don,

Didn't realise that the length of cap screws are measured excluding the cap thus, the length of these screws are 5/8" and not 3/4". Been to all kinds of bolt shops over here and noone has anything in imperial sizing.

Peter

Back