BSA Platinum 36X

S

SciGuy

After months of using my Hawke Eclipse 6-24X scope for both FT and BR shooting I decided I needed higher mag for BR. Lots of recommendations for Sightron or Weaver 36X scopes but at $400+ I just couldn't justify it right now.

Saw a BSA Platinum 36X on clearance at Midway for $115 and it seemed to have some decent reviews. Even found a few guys out west using this scope on some entry level Airgun BR rigs. So I took a chance and decided to give it a try.

Scope is much lighter than the Hawke. Glass is actually pretty good (hey its a $100 scope). The clarity at 36X is as good as the Hawke at 24X. Even in the overcast early morning the 25 meter BR target came into sharp focus (scope will focus down to 20 yards). Adjustments were crisp clicks with just the right amount of tension. I was able to sight it in quick and it stayed solid for the two hours and I was shooting (around 150-200 pellets).

For the money this scope (at least the one I got) is well worth it. For a production class/low dollar entry level rig, I think this scope is about perfect. However, I would not put it on a springer.

BSA markets some China made junk, however the Fixed 36X is not on the junk list.
I have owned a T24 and a T36 Weaver. I have also owned a 24X and 36X BSA.

My oldest son has been using both of my BSA scopes on his Vostok 22 target rifles. My brother has also been using a 36X BSA on his Vostok.

We have a few other shooters using the fixed power BSA's.

No one has had a problem with any Fixed Power 36X BSA scope.

I have no idea how one will hold up on a spring powered Pellet or Air Rifle. They hold up just fine on a target 22.

I let my T36 go on my 64MPR. I will probably replace it with a 36X BSA.

Bob

Back