Brock's Gap - NBRSA SE Regional Championship 100 Yard Stage Full Results

Steve Lee

Brock’s Gap Training Center in Hoover Alabama hosted the 100 yard stage of the NBRSA Southeast Regional Championship August 23-24 2014.
After a relatively mild summer for Alabama the weather decided to get HOT just for our shoot. High temperature hit 100 degrees Saturday (just to make humping rail guns around a joy) and moderated slightly Sunday.

Friday night a crowd converged at Jubilee Joe’s restaurant and enjoyed some excellent seafood.

Brock’s Gap is a tricky range with berms and hills all around. Saturday Mark Roper was the only shooter to manage a teen agg winning Unlimited with a .1940. Dusty Stevens came in second with a .2014, and Buddy Ross finished just behind Dusty with a .2026. Danny Morgan shot small group with an excellent .125.

Saturday afternoon was hot as hell and many shooters struggled to find a load that would shoot. Billy Stevens won Heavy Varmint with a .2342. Buddy Ross finished second with a .2470 and Gary Sullivan finished third with a .2500. Dicky Land, shooting in his third registered match managed a tiny .107 to take small group.

Saturday night everyone gathered at Logan’s Roadhouse where confusion over the checks just about pushed everyone over the edge.

Sunday morning, brand new NBRSA member Matt Owens (he joined at the match) ran away with Light Varmint shooting a .1920 and winning a Southeast Region Hall of Fame point. Scotty Grimes took second with a .2400 and Jeff Graves finished third with a 2434. Scotty also took small group with a .117.

Sunday after lunch was Sporter. Bart Sauter started out a bit rocky, but came back strong to win with a .2096. Scotty Grimes finished second with a .2208, and Billy Stevens came in third with a .2404. Jeff Graves took small group with a .145.

The battle for the 4 gun was tight with only .007 separating first place from fifth place. Buddy Ross shot consistently all weekend and shot a .2524 to win the 4 gun along with 2 Southeast Region Hall of Fame points. Joe Bougard wasn’t far behind with a .2536 to take second. Bart came in third with a .2545, Billy finished fourth with a .2592 and new NBRSA member Matt Owens finished fifth with a .2594.

I want to thank Merrill Windsor for helping set up, tear down and just generally doing all the stuff I didn’t have time to do. Just like Bart is the bullet monkey, Billy is the barrel monkey and Jim Chaney is the concrete monkey, Merrill is my shoot monkey. I couldn’t run the shoot without him.

I also want to thank Michael Kellum and Bobby Calhoun for an incredible job as target crew.

Finally I want to thank my wife, Anne, and Rena Tate for handling lunch both days.

Steve Lee
Full results are attached.
2014 Brocks Gap Winners.jpg

Attachments

• 2014 SE Region Champ 100 Yd.xls
    36 KB · Views: 269
  • 2014 SE Region Champ 100 Yd.pdf
    250.8 KB · Views: 269
Last edited:
Thanks

Thanks again to Steve and Ann...

congrats to the winners and all shooters who braved the 100 degree heat. I for one, will declare I am a coward, much to hot for me.

Thanks Steve........

And a big thanks to a Great target crew. Also thanks goes to Johnny Webb for running the match. It was good seeing everybody. Also good job for those who could find a load...... Excellent job, that's what separates the men from the boys........ I was a boy :)

Last edited:
I ditto all the above. It was a great time with great people. It was so awful hot but it was a fun time. Big thanks again to Steve for all he does yall may not even know about (with the bughole software that every range whos anybody uses)

Thanks Steve,

It was a great match! Very well run and organized as usual. Thank you for giving us a place to shoot!

Bart

thanks!

Steve: Thanks for the report. Sorry I missed it. Doctor has no sense of priority for Bench rest matches. Hopefully will see you in TN. jim c.

Back