Brass

Ajshooter

Jeff Youmans
Who has tried Norma 6PPC brass . How does it compare to Lapua 220 Russian.
Or does it compare . Just curious.
Thank Jeff

There has been considerable commentary on it in this forum. Just use the search box for "Norma 6ppc".

Who has tried Norma 6PPC brass . How does it compare to Lapua 220 Russian.
Or does it compare . Just curious.
Thank Jeff

I've used both at one time or another over the last 12 years. Personally, I prefer the Norma, but certainly nothing wrong with the Lapua either. Never had a loose primer pocket with the Norma, and seems to equal or better case life of the Lapua. Bottom line..... it's worth a try to say the least. JME. WD

Jeff both lapua and norma are good brass. Ther are benchrest shooter now that are starting to use norma brass more than before. I have tried it and like it on my ppc guns. The reason I use lapua is because I have about 15 of the old gold boxes on hand. If you plan on using it for competition shooting you won't have a problem with it,its good brass
Gabe

I bought some to try it. Anyone know why they say that it needs to be full length resized before using?

Bob

I bought some to try it. Anyone know why they say that it needs to be full length resized before using?

Bob

If Norma says that it is probably to cover themselves on custom chambers etc. When I get a fresh lot of their brass I full length size and trim to length (at least). Good luck and hope it works as well for you as it has for me and others. WD

Is it true that at least at some point, they offered it in different neck thickness's? I assume that I have to neck turn it for my .262 throat, but no need to fire form? The current price also seems to be less than Lapua .220 Russian.

Bob

Is it true that at least at some point, they offered it in different neck thickness's? I assume that I have to neck turn it for my .262 throat, but no need to fire form? The current price also seems to be less than Lapua .220 Russian.Bob
I shoot a .268 neck so I just do a clean up on the neck thickness. I trim .010 off the length and then shoot. Bullets.com does have a good price on the brass but I couldn't talk myself into getting 2000 pcs. There is a difference of .058 per case between a full case of 2000 and any order less than that. Interesting, the banner on the home page says "going out of business". Hmmm

I shoot a .268 neck so I just do a clean up on the neck thickness. I trim .010 off the length and then shoot. Bullets.com does have a good price on the brass but I couldn't talk myself into getting 2000 pcs. There is a difference of .058 per case between a full case of 2000 and any order less than that. Interesting, the banner on the home page says "going out of business". Hmmm

Shiraz wrote and told what happen to bullets.com . Could not compete . I think he said March 18 last day.
I did buy a few Norma 6PPC cases

The owner posted that he is closing bullets.com and moving most but not all to
grizzly or other business.
So big price cuts.
Cost me close to $500 and i don't really shoot br.

Back