Brass or copper inserts for a bbl spider

Richard

Sometime ago a saw a great idea for the inboard spider inserts. The issue I am having with the softer inserts is with a bbl that you have to come down on the tapered portion of the bbl shank. ( Rem Varmint Contour ) After you do several bbls the inserts start to mushroom. I saw a ball brg with an aluminum insert to match. Great idea!
I can figure one out but thought it would save time if you could point me to the thread.

Richard Brensing

Richard,
I first saw them when an Aussie friend showed me what he uses. I will PM an email address for another friend that does this also. He has photos and will be happy to exchange info.

Thanks again!!

A lot of good links and I appreciate it very much.

Richard

BTW: Brass and Aluminum scratching bbls has never been an issue with me. I have Aluminum jaws in my new hermes and never had problems. Same way with brass inserts in the spider. I have used copper also.

Copper Inserts

Hello Copper is the way to go it will hold the barrel under the torx your talking about. I had made some from aluminum kept have the barrel move a little couple thou. during chambering. Went to copper I have not had that issue since. :cool:

Back