Bourbon

Oldman (me too! LOL):

Love a discussion about Bourbon!!

This topic is going to be about as opinionated as RFBR! After a few years of searching, I found my first bottle of Buffalo Trace, and have been there ever since.

My wife and I made the trip to the distillery last winter, and it was amazing. The smell in the warehouses was indescribable (like hundreds of years worth of aging spirits, charred white oak and a whole lot of magic!).

Occasionally (like once in a few months) in the great white north of Ohio, you will see Buffalo Trace in stores - just a bottle or two, and it never lasts more than a day. Other BT Distillery Bourbons ade equally amazing - I enjoy Weller (if you like a Wheated Bourbon, with a little more sweetness), or Blanton's - which is pure heaven again, if you can find it. Oh, and Eagle Rare and E.H. Taylor are also great, and from the same distillery.

There are many great others, but those are my favorites.

PS - Its hard to believe that this distillery has been there since two years BEFORE the signing of the Declaration of Independence!

Great topic!!

kev

I’ve gotten to the point I don’t like to post but Tim’s lure hooked me!

Scotch is great for people that like their whiskey from barrels that have already been used up giving their flavors to Bourbon.?

I’ll put in a vote for A. Smith Bourbon of Fredericksburg, VA
They have three levels of quality. Always, when given a choice, go for the best.

Yellowstone!

I bought a bottle of it a couple of weeks ago and I've got to say it's the smoothest whiskey I've ever drank. It's Supposedly Bourbon but I'd say it's as smooth as the best Scotch I ever had.

Pete

I prefer wheated Ky bourbons. Weller is at the top of the list, of what I can afford, other than a special occasion bottle. Larceny Small Batch is close, cheaper and more readily available, though.

A fellow shooter gave me a bottle of O.H. Ingram last fall. It was pretty good and a unique flavor. I forget, but it's not aged for very long but is still smooth and is a good whisky. They have a unique aging process that seems to work. They age their barrels on a barge, on the Ohio river. Supposedly, the constant movement of the water speeds the aging process. With a sample of one..I can't disagree with that. It's worth a try if you can get your hands on a bottle.

My go to bourbon would have to be Angels Envy. Very smooth sipping bourbon to easy you after a long day of shooting.

Oldman (me too! LOL):

Love a discussion about Bourbon!!

This topic is going to be about as opinionated as RFBR! After a few years of searching, I found my first bottle of Buffalo Trace, and have been there ever since.

My wife and I made the trip to the distillery last winter, and it was amazing. The smell in the warehouses was indescribable (like hundreds of years worth of aging spirits, charred white oak and a whole lot of magic!).

Occasionally (like once in a few months) in the great white north of Ohio, you will see Buffalo Trace in stores - just a bottle or two, and it never lasts more than a day. Other BT Distillery Bourbons ade equally amazing - I enjoy Weller (if you like a Wheated Bourbon, with a little more sweetness), or Blanton's - which is pure heaven again, if you can find it. Oh, and Eagle Rare and E.H. Taylor are also great, and from the same distillery.

There are many great others, but those are my favorites.

PS - Its hard to believe that this distillery has been there since two years BEFORE the signing of the Declaration of Independence!

Great topic!!

kev

OK, I'm in....

Let's check the calendars for a BR match as I would like to check that off the competition bucket list....worst case we'll have to wait until the 6400. You bring the bourbon and I'll dig deep into the "special" reserves in the walk-in humidor.....

Preferences?

Oh Good Lord! Everyone pray for these neophytes if that happens!

I'm gunna call them the K & K duo, organize a heckling fan club, set up a gambling parlor, and then sell tickets for this extravaganza!

They'd better bring a Hell of a lot of Bourbon and be prepared to share or they'll never survive this RFBR apocalypse!

Your friendly but pitiful comedian,
Landy

Not much of a drinker here, although I do indulge in a good Vodka once in a great while " off topic I know" but I'm still wondering, why this thread is not in the General Discussion part of this forum.

http://benchrest.com/forumdisplay.php?8-General-Discussion

Harper had a great series of "how to make your rimfire rifle shoot better" going here.

They’re still there George, let’s not go nuts here.A little levity never hurts.

That was the intent of the question. It’s winter! By the way my pick would be Blanton’s, whenI can get some.

Back