Borden Actions

Matt P

I'm looking for opinions on Borden BR actions. I don't know of any in Australia so I can't have a look at one.
I'm planning to use one for long range BR and F Class.
Thanks
Matt P

I'm looking for opinions on Borden BR actions. I don't know of any in Australia so I can't have a look at one.
Thanks
Matt P
Read the match reports equipment lists. Bordens are among the 4-5 constant winners. 'Nuff said.

Jim Bordens actions seem to be seen more in the IBS but then Jim hand his wife, Joan, have been active IBS officers for decades.

i am not an active competitor yet but i love accuracy and reloading. Jim Borden actions are extremely smooth and work great. Awesome looking as well. i have six Bench Rest rifles that Jim built with the BR action and one that will be delivered Tuesday. Personally as you can see i love Jim's actions and rifles.

Borden BR actions are very good - yes, they are!

At one time, when I got my first [REALLY GOOD] custom action, I stated that any/all of my future actions would be of that brand . . . funny, I now own five rifles based, not upon that brand, but rather, upon Borden actions. A Borden attribute which I appreciate: without fuss, every one has, "delivered the goods". :D I attribute this, at least, in part, to Jim not allowing the BR actions out of the shop sans a timed trigger! You may either provide your own, or, purchase a trigger [from Borden] along with your action. As I learned with two other custom actions: even assuming acceptable "alignment/squareness", timing IS everything!;) Good shootin'! RG

We are blessed these days with a good number of great actions but none is better than a Borden. Jim's work is "top-shelf" and there are no shortcuts. You will not be disappointed with a Borden action.

Plus 1 for Jim Bordens actions...I recommend the BRM for your application...you will never regret it..

Eddie in Texas

Jim Borden, wife Joan and family are great folks. They make and sell fine actions, both target and hunting actions.
Nat Lambeth

I have one of his Long Benchrest Actions in one of the stocks he use to sell. It's an HV rifle in 30 BR and is the best HV rifle I have owned to date. It a beauty as well; brightly polished action in a red & black swirl stock MMMMMMMM, XOX

Pete Wass

My son and I have two HV's built on the BRM, and one LV built on the BR. They are EXCELLENT, and we are SATISFIED in every way. I sure hope one of these days the Robertson stocks become available again. Borden Accuracy, a GREAT PLACE TO DEAL WITH.

Don't know if it's added value for you there in Australia, mate, but...

Thanks
Matt P

... as I recall, Borden keeps a precision drawing of the rifles he builds. Meaning, if/when you need a new barrel, you don't need to send him the action -- which is a real boon in the USA. Instead, you simply place the order for a new barrel, and it will arrive already chambered/fitted, and ready to screw right on.

Whether that's the case if you buy a bare action without an already-fitted barrel, I don't know.

Regardless, there may be other makers who are as good as Borden. But I'm not aware of any who surpass Borden. In other words, as good as it gets.

Bill Ohio,
If Borden supplied your action and chambered the barrel, the barrel is id'ed. to that action. He engraves the action number on the barrel along with the number of barrels for that action. I finally made the plunge a couple of years ago and had Borden supply the action, time the trigger and chamber the barrel I sent. The service, turn around time, professionalism, etc. are second to none. Great people to deal with and, as mentioned, Jim's photography exemplifies his quest for precision and perfection.

Back