Bob Dodd Passed 2-13-22

Good Morning All.
Ron Miller called this morning to inform that a very dear and close friend Bob Dodd Past Away Yesterday. Bob was 74 years of age and was a good friend to most if not all shooters, he loved shooting and mostly short-range Benchrest.
My good friend Bob Dodd RIP: (RFD)
Chet

Last edited:
Sorry to hear

Good Morning All.
Ron Miller called this morning to inform that a very dear and close friend Bob Dodd Past Away Yesterday. Bob was 74 years of age and was a good friend to most if not all shooters, he loved shooting and mostly short-range Benchrest.
My good friend Bob Dodd RIP: (RFD)
Chet

of the loss to you and all of benchrest. I had one of his actions in the past and he was very helpful with some questions I had about it.

I remember

Bob coming to many of the matches at the Whittington Center when I was starting out in benchrest. I have one of his powder measures. He made incredible knives that I couldn't afford at the time. Now I wish I'd sprung the extra cash to get one. He certainly was a master at making things with metal.

A True Craftsman
Bob was certainly one of the finest craftsman of all things metal, and I still have one of the powder measures, and I also had one of his actions, and sold it and shouldn’t have. He was also quite a character, I remember a match in Raton and he was smoking a cigarette, and I don’t recall, but someone came over and told him he couldn’t smoke while reloading, and he got up, took all his stuff to his vehicle and left! His knives were works of art. He stopped shooting years ago, but once a while would stop by to see everyone at the Cactus or monthly shoots. Rest In peace Bob, and condolences to his family.

Last edited:
Had two rifles built by Jim Borden with Bob's actions, still have one and they are both winners very very nice.
Thoughts and prayers to his family and loved ones.
Rest in peace Bob...

Milt

Damn we all now seem to be doing the same and hopefully we all can make the too Paradise in Heaven together!

Back