Bluing in NC

clowdis

I need someone in North Carolina to do some bluing for me. Anyone know of a place or a person that is reliable and does good work?

Blaire:

There is a gunsmith in Yancyville, NC that specializes in bluing and color case hardening. Here is his info:
Dan Printz
The Firing Pin
154 Hooper Ave.
PO Box 33
Yanceyville, NC 27379
email: Click here to email me
phone: 336-694-7244
fax: same
cellular: 336-514-0283

Hours: Tue-Fri 9:00am-7:00pm; Sat 9:00am-2:00pm; Sun-Mon Closed
Transfer fee: $20.00 plus sales tax
Nat Lambeth

Last edited:
Thanks Nat. First guy just won't do it and the next guy I tried gave me a lead time of 12 to 14 weeks! Really hacks me off to get the barrel threaded and chambered in less than two weeks and then have to wait 2 months for somebody to blue the darn thing! And still don't have it done!

I need someone in North Carolina to do some bluing for me. Anyone know of a place or a person that is reliable and does good work?

Lenard Baity does good work,He can do stainless as well.

Chuck.

Nat,
Dan is 6 to 8 months! I don't think that is going to work either. Apparently all you have to do to have a good business is to do good work and don't lie to people :) I appreciate Dan and the other folks at Shooters Roost not BS'ing me about lead times. While it won't work this time it might in the future, I remember the good as well as the bad.
Blair

Clowdis,
Dan does great work, but if wait time is too long you could check with Double H Gunsmithing in Blanch, NC. Blanch is about 4-5 miles south of Danville, VA. Ken Barfield at Double H does good work also, but I do not know what the wait time is. Phone No. is 336-694-5739.
George

Back