bleiker

G

geb

why isn't the blieker challanger considered as a benchrest rifle. i know its kind of like the anschutz isu type rifles but i diden't know anything about it until i started googleing it. whats up???

why isn't the blieker challanger considered as a benchrest rifle. i know its kind of like the anschutz isu type rifles but i diden't know anything about it until i started googleing it. whats up???

There is only one Bleiker based bench rifle I know of, and it is in Aussiland (down under). It is suppost to come over for the World shoot next year. If it cleans our clock, you can bet there will be many more very quickly.

While Bleikers are really taking off in ISSF prone and position shooting, there is only one that I know of in the US and nobody is using it. Part of the problem is that since nobody is using one over here, there aren't parts readily available in case something breaks. That said, I'd say that the biggest problem with Bleikers in benchrest competition is the price. For a 3p rifle out the door you are probably looking at between $5000 and $6000. I don't even know if they sell just a barreled action, but if they did it would be pricey.

Eric U

I looked into this a while back, I believe barreled actions are/were available but I'd lean more toward just the action. Speaking of actions hows yours progressing Eric?

No progress on my action at all since the spring. I had a hectic match travel schedule in the spring and summer. During that time I also started making tuner and plain bloop tubes for us iron sight users, as well as sight riser blocks. That kept what little shop time I had moving only toward those products. A few weeks ago I had back surgery, so I haven't had any shop time lately either. The one action that I have been using still seems to be doing OK, but the barrel is getting pretty long in the tooth. I can't really convince myself to replace that barrel until I get my #2 rifle doing better than #1.

Thanks for asking,
Eric U

No progress on my action at all since the spring. I had a hectic match travel schedule in the spring and summer. During that time I also started making tuner and plain bloop tubes for us iron sight users, as well as sight riser blocks. That kept what little shop time I had moving only toward those products. A few weeks ago I had back surgery, so I haven't had any shop time lately either. The one action that I have been using still seems to be doing OK, but the barrel is getting pretty long in the tooth. I can't really convince myself to replace that barrel until I get my #2 rifle doing better than #1.

Thanks for asking,
Eric U

Hope the back is feeling better, love to see the action make it out in a few BR matches if you make a few.

Back