Bipod choices for F/TR.?

tiny68

I am planning to make it to a few matches this year... Hopefully. Life seems to have a way of changing my plans. I have been practicing with a Harris with notched legs and a swivel lock. I am starting to realize this isn't this best way. Looking at the 3rd Gen Sinclairs. What are other popular options? What is proving successful today? Is there an equipment list for the nationals that includes which bipod used?

Thanks for input for a rookie, Tim

I'm currently using the Duplin bipod. It is VERY similar to the CenterShot, but a little sturdier.

Additional considerations not already mentioned would be the Phoenix Precision, SEB Joy-Pod(coming soon), Flex-pod, Remple, Mystic Precision M-pod, LRA F-class bipod, M.Werks, Eliseo (if you have one of his chassis), Star Shooter, etc.

It is pretty awesome how F-T/R has driven the technology of bipods. There are many more choices than there were 5 years ago.

The Sinclairs are on sale. I think I will try one out. Tim

Choosing an FTR bi-pod is all about weight. Also - when you are prone, a lot of bi-pod are not easy to adjust. If weight wasn't a problem the 4lb. Canadian Remple would be used by everyone! But, weight is a problem - with most shooters preferring to put the weight into the barrel rather than the bi-pod.

The Canadian Mystic Precision is a very light bi-pod at 12 oz and is a good FTR bi-pod. Very rigid and adjusts a bit like a Harris. But, if you can spare a bit more weight, I'd check out the Third Eye Tactical bi-pod at www.ospreyrifles.com It is very similar to the Remple in design but about a third the weight and can easily be adjusted with a mariner-wheel from the prone position.

Another vote for Duplin.

I'm currently using the Duplin bipod. It is VERY similar to the CenterShot, but a little sturdier.

Additional considerations not already mentioned would be the Phoenix Precision, SEB Joy-Pod(coming soon), Flex-pod, Remple, Mystic Precision M-pod, LRA F-class bipod, M.Werks, Eliseo (if you have one of his chassis), Star Shooter, etc.

It is pretty awesome how F-T/R has driven the technology of bipods. There are many more choices than there were 5 years ago.

Back