Billy Stevens Wins Tennessee Sate Championship

Bart

Billy Stevens Wins Tennessee Sate Championship

At Unaka this last weekend Billy Stevens took down the competition with a very nice 2167 Two Gun. Billy Stayed very close to the top of the page posting two 2nd place finishes a 1st and 5th for the individual yardages. This secured a 1st place HV grand and a 2nd in the LV grand.

Terry Leonard, Jim Carmichel, and Jeff Summers all shot very well each with individual wins and making a made a strong charge at the two gun Sunday afternoon.

Jim Carmichel HV 100
Terry Leonard LV 100 (very nice1694 agg)
Jeff Summers LV 200 (very nice 1844) and LV Grand Agg.

I would also like to mention new shooter Mike Davis who posted a very impressive 097 for small group in the LV 100.

Mike Davis – 097

The untold story is Matthew “Bad Man” Keller. I shot beside Matthew all weekend. He shot extremely well. His timing was great and he handled the conditions very well. If not for maybe two groups where the last shot failed to go in a bug hole Matthew would have had a shot at the Two Gun.

Congrats to all!

Thanks to the club (Norm and Chris) for a great match!

Bart

Billy was absolutely lights out on Saturday and Sunday. On Friday we were ALL having problems tuning rifles as the humidity went out the bottom, but fortunately the weather was a lot more cooperative on Saturday and Sunday, and Billy took FULL advantage. Great shooting Billy.

It was an absolute pleasure shooting next to Bart, and I learned a lot as a result. With Andy Shiflett on the other side of him, we had a good time down on our end of the range.

Norman and Chris really did a great job running the match. It went butter-smooth, and everything was a joy. Absolutely great match.

Matthew S Keller

way to go Billy.....
it seems Billy is one of the SS winner this year... twice.:D

i hope the barell he made me will drive me into the top 50....:rolleyes:
GIAN

Good shooting Billy, it was nice shooting with all you Southern boys, you are a tough bunch of shooters, young and not so young as well. I shot next to Jim Carmichel and really enjoyed doing so.

Norman and Chris did a fantastic job running the match, I had a great time and was made to feel right at home. Thanks from a Damn Yankee as my neighbor calls me.

Dan Honert

Congrads Col., excellent shooting. Had a great time with the Tenn. gang as usual. Good tater salad too. Great job Norm and Chris.

Great Agg Billy

Man, that is one heck of a two Two Gun agg. Great Shooting!!!!!
Was Billy shooting the .790 jacket Boat Tails???
Congrats to all of the others who done well.
Like we have been saying. The "anti" gets upped every year in this game.......jackie

Jackie

Billy was using the 790 Boat tails. He has been a handful at the last couple of matches. I think he has hit on the “Murdica“ seating depth. I understand that Richard Milton shot pretty well with them at the Crawfish.

Bart

Bart

You are right. Richard was using them, and he shot pretty darned good. Just a few miss-steps kept him from winning the whole thing.
I will be testing mine for "The Bluebonnet" in New Braunfels, which is comming up in two weeks.......jackie

It was a fine weekend!

Thank you all for coming out, It's ALOT of work to put one of these togeather, but for you all it is well worth it.
Maybe one day Norm or myself can wrangle in the matches, and really up the stakes :rolleyes:

It was an honor to meet some of you big name guys.

Hope to see you in July

Chris

Rl

RL,

I believe James Mock was the first to find it during his testing. I think Lou landed on it in his tunnel. At the Cactus he had the bullets humming and has kept it going winning two or three other matches.

Billy has an range that allows him (at times) to test in near tunnel conditions. For the past couple of shoots Billy has managed to get on a seating depth and powder load that transforms the rifle from excellent to unreal. It seems to be located between .005 to .012 thousands off of the jam.

Bart

Bart's Bullets .097"

Barts HEADHUNTERS can even make a new shooter look good, but I think the next time I go to a short range match - I may need to try some wind flags (it seemed to work for everyone that had them!) :rolleyes: Actually I figured there would be so many windflags there that I wouldn't have a place to set any. I left mine at home, that is how new I am a short range. I had a great time with great shooters. And to Norman & Zipper I will say the shoots I have been to at Unaka are run as smooth as any match I have ever shot.

Bart

Thank you the answer regarding the Murdica shooting depth. I find it ironic in that I was going to do some serious work on shooting depths next time I go to the range and practise.

:p

Bart

A couple of weeks ago, I actually played with the seating depth a little with the Bruno 00, and I simply cannot make them shoot with anything but that jam I use. Maybe it's the lot of 133 I am using. Lester uses 8208, or "T", and I think he might be jumping them.
Your .790 Boat Tail is fatter than either the originol Ultra, or the Bruno 00, maybe that is the reason it would respond to a jump. When I get to the range next with them, I will definetally try about .010 off.......jackie

Back