Big shootout at Palmetto today

Then there is always the Georgia State next weekend to possibly see the lead change again.
Dick

Are Dean and Dewey going to Georgia? Anybody know? It would be worth the trip to see how the championship unfolds.

Dean and Dewey in GA

Are Dean and Dewey going to Georgia? Anybody know? It would be worth the trip to see how the championship unfolds.
Dean told me that he is not going. He said that he was too busy.

Last edited:
Congrats to Hillary, Dean and Dewey

Great job Hill! Awesome. If my numbers are correct the race for SSoy has Dewey in the lead with a 409-403 but Dean has 7.5 points in his vest pocket when the record committee decides. As Dewey probably knows as well as I that the record is a done deal as it blew the old out of the water. When it is revealed that would make it 410.5-409 with only the Georgia States left. Congrats to all mentioned for a great year. Randy J.

I wasn't there for the no sighters this time but I was at Shelby County, Ohio when Jeff Gaidos, Greg Walley, and Jack Neary had a no sighters bet on their last target. The bet was smallest group without a sighter. It was a no brainer for me - I shot one sighter on each of their targets.

Reminds me of a match, many years ago, when about 4 of us did the no sighter thing. What they did not know was that I had drawn a bench that had 2 open benches to the right and left of me. Did all of my sighters on the unused targets and won hands down. I told them about it later that day and these shooters have never trusted me since, beats me as to why??

Back