Best of the West May 29,30,31

Stephen Perry

Shift the focus to the Mid Continent Region for the Best of the West 3 day shoot at the Whittington Center Raton, New Mexico, starts Today. The format is Saturday LV 100 HV100 Sunday
HV 200 LV 200 Monday LV 300 HV 300.

This Shoot like the Super Shoot draws some of the best in benchrest. I have shot both Nats there but not this Shoot. If they are healthy I can imagine some of the shooters. Lowell Frei, Gary Ocock, Bob Brackney, Ed Adams and many more. Usually good conditions in Raton clear clean air that can pick up and let down with the best BR Ranges. I will shoot the Best of the West next year, will make a good shoot to prepare for the Midland Nats later in the year.

Maybe we can get some reports today from Raton and Kelbly's.

Stephen Perry
Angeles BR

Last edited:
Mr Tyler rules the wind

I don't have the final results but I do know that Mr Todd Tyler was stomping on everyone and I imagine walked away with the two-gun. We didn't have "good" conditions, we had "normal" conditions for this time of year at 6300'. Unsettled, windy, and a good chance of showers. Todd shot very steady for both sat and sun and put on a show. Nice job Todd and congrats. You da man, man!

Back