Best, most economical resizing lubricant

I have stuck several cases while F/L sizing with spray lubricants and gave up on them. Imperial is great, and I have several cans. But Hornady Unique is just as good, cheaper, and lasts much longer.

I didn`t think Hornady had been out that long. I still am on a tin of Imperial I started 2 or so years ago. The one before that seemed to go forever, notably longer then the RCBS & Lee lubes and pad I started reloading with.

Home Brew Case Lube.....

A search on the internet wil provide you with many mixtures. It is hard to beat grain alcohol (Ever Clear) and lanolin. This is what is in the Dillon spray lube according to the label. Remember if you are spraying you are causing airborne contamination that may be absorbed by your body. Protroleum products and or other chemical can make you sick. Organic products can grow bacteria and also make you sick. Also remember about the fire hazards you may be causing.

Nat Lambeth

Hornady One-Shot. Put your cases on a cookie sheet. Spray them, roll them back and forth on the tray a little, and wait 5 minutes. Then resize. The lubricant will not affect the primers or powder, if you get it inside the case. The lube dries so it's not sticky or slimy. No need to wipe the cases after resizing. You might save $2.00 using granny's home-brew recipes, but my time is worth more than that to me.:D

Plain old vasoline works pretty darn good and its cheap.

All I did years ago was to get about a half lb of anhydrous Lanolin and an equal amount of vasoline and heat slowly it in a pot, and it will mix very easily, when it has cooled down, but still a liquid, pour into a ball jar, lid and you will have enough lube for the next 5 generations.

I've used Imperial for more years than I'd care to remember. This year somebody introduced me to Royal case and die lube. I use this primarily in my FL BR die and the handle force dropped by 1/2. It also wipes off far easier. I promise, you will never use anything else. The stuff even smells great.

Stp?

I have tried almost everything and a couple of comments, STP works wonderful for radical reforming jobs but it is a real PITA to clean up. I only use it if I have to. It will sometimes save cases that would otherwise collapse.

OK, now for cheap. Mink oil (paste form) works as well as anything I have tried but the STP. It's really cheap and the same thing as Unique case lube.

I tried a couple of things that did NOT work. Slick 50 One Lube. I mistakenly bought it instead of One SHOT and stuck the second case so tightly I couldn't get it out. I drilled and tapped it twice and stripped the threads. I finally sent it back the manufacturer and they removed it for me and sent me a complimentary tub of lube and figured I was an idiot!

I find the most convenient lube is Imperial. I stick a rare earth magnet to the back/top of the press and keep the tin there. A tin lasts me about 2 years-it's always handy!

Back