Best Front Rest, Besdes SEB ?

mikemci

Ruling out the SEB (availability problems), what make/model should I be looking at for a competition grade front rest? :confused:

If money is no object, in the joy stick department ( Lenzi $1700 ) and ( farley $900 + -) if you want a knob Turner ( john loh $900 + - )

Last edited:
Gabe has spoken the truth.
But dont rule out a SEB. If you are looking post on accurate shooter a wanted ad and see what pops up. You will never know.

Randolph makes a good rest. I see allot of them art both center fire and rim fire matches.
I fit the adjustable bag top.

You usually can find a SEB on AccurateShooter as pointed out. Expect to get one immediately but expect to pay $300.00 more that what you would spend if you wait for one.

I have not even put mine together yet after waiting 8 months for it.

Bob

Thanks to everyone for your opinions/advice!
I have made a deal with someone on accurate shooter forum on a NIB SEB NEO (thank you for the advice mrspradlin)!!!

in the score game

Interesting.
Nobody even mentioned the Cowan rest for just 240 bucks, and the kids that make them get all the money.

I shoot there are still shooters who use Sinclair, bald eagle, Loh style rests with separate windage and elevation adjustments. However go to a large match and see the prevalence of joy stick rests...primarily Farley and SEB. If you like to try and take advantage of a friendly wind condition, nothing beats a joystick rest. However, it can be easy to get running fast and get burned. Like anything else everything is a compromise. That being said, I migrated to a joy stick rest, Farley, long ago.

I shoot there are still shooters who use Sinclair, bald eagle, Loh style rests with separate windage and elevation adjustments. However go to a large match and see the prevalence of joy stick rests...primarily Farley and SEB. If you like to try and take advantage of a friendly wind condition, nothing beats a joystick rest. However, it can be easy to get running fast and get burned. Like anything else everything is a compromise. That being said, I migrated to a joy stick rest, Farley, long ago.

I sold my Farley a couple of weeks ago. Too heavy and it moved too much on the bench as I was shooting (group). So, I went back to my JJ for group. Got a Shadetree top as a door prize at the Cactus a couple of years ago and I"m going to put that on my old Sinclair rest for shooting score. If it works out well for score, I may try it for group. I still kind of like the idea of moving one direction at a time. I seem to "stir the pot" too much with a joystick

Back