Benchrest rifle for a beginner F class rifle

newbie8675309

Is it possible to just get started shooting F open with a bench restrifle. I have a Savage Benchrest not the best but good enough for me and was wondering if I could shoot a couple of f class matches with it. What are some of the main differences between Benchrest rifles and rifles used for the F open classification. Thanks for the info ahead of time!!

if it still shot well, yes. simple enough to change to 308 win and shoot heavies in along bbl. i shoot 175 bergers from a 30" krieger in a savage. lots of others cartridges that would work well in open with that bolt face. 6.5x47

if it still shot well, yes. simple enough to change to 308 win and shoot heavies in along bbl. i shoot 175 bergers from a 30" krieger in a savage. lots of others cartridges that would work well in open with that bolt face. 6.5x47
Thanks for the reply and advice. It is in 308 win so I may just give it a try just to see how it does. Never shot fclass period but have wanted to for sometime.

Thanks for the reply and advice. It is in 308 win so I may just give it a try just to see how it does. Never shot fclass period but have wanted to for sometime.
What savage are you shooting just curious. What front rest do you use?

i have a long range single shot that was a 6br that i built into a mid distance 308. 24" 1/10 185's do well out to 800. i have a second with a 30" 1/10 shooting berger 175's which work past 1000 just fun guns cause i like 308 i use seb br tripod frt rest.

Back