Benchrest Icon, Mr. Remington, Mike Walker

JDMock

I have been privileged to meet many icons of Benchrest, but when I met Mr. Walker in 2003 at SS that was truly a thrill. James Mock

Attachments

• Mike Walker, 2003 at SS 002.JPG
    Mike Walker, 2003 at SS 002.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 281
Yes Sir! Was quite a day for me as well.....not so much for Mike I'm pretty sure. He didn't care if corn was a dollar a bushel....so to speak!

Again James you are bringing back some memories.

Mr. Walker attended the IBS Nationals at Weickert PA a few years ago and I was able the spend a little time with him at and during the match.

it was my Pleasure and Honor to be able to shoot with Mr. Walker as well as it was to share a few words about his shooting career with Remington.

I agree James. I am own fortunate enough to have 2 of his personal favorite rifles and his 20XBR internally adjustable scope and the prototype. We had a couple good visits, but his hearing loss made it tough.

Butch, I considered an interview for PS Magazine, but Mr. Walker's hearing was so bad that I decided not to try during the SS. He and I were both competing at that SS and I did not want to be a bother. I wish that I would have done the interview, but that was not to be. Good shooting...James

Back