Benchrest Hall of Fame Raffle Fundraiser

Rex Reneau

Own a part of history.
Dave Kiff has donated two rifles to be raffled off at the NBRSA Nationals this year. These were the personal rifles of Farris Pindell and Dr. Lou Palmisano. These rifles were purchased from Ferris's estate. They are Pindell actions, Jewell triggers, Shilen barrels and fiberglass stocks. One stock is a Kelbly stock and the other looks like the old Shilen thumb hole style. The Kelbly stocked one is 6PPC, the other is a 6 BR 8 twist barrel. Someone told me Ferris was experimenting with heavy bullets in benchrest in his latter years. Raffle tickets are $10 each or 3 for $25. You don't have to be present to win. Rifles will have to go thru a FFL dealer and a 4473 form completed. Tickets will be sold at the nationals or you can call me at 405-623-6019 for arraignments of payment and tickets. The Hall of Fame is completely funded by these raffles. We haven't had one in 10 years .

Rex Reneau
Director of United States Benchrest Hall of Fsme

Request

Rex Is there the possibility that you could post a Name, Address, to where checks could be sent for tickets for the raffle? Would like to participate.
Centerfire

We had the drawing for the 2 rifle today at the Nationals and the winning tickets belonged to Dave Coots and Jack Neary. Thanks to all that bought tickets .
Rex Reneau

Own a part of history.
Dave Kiff has donated two rifles to be raffled off at the NBRSA Nationals this year. These were the personal rifles of Farris Pindell and Dr. Lou Palmisano. These rifles were purchased from Ferris's estate. They are Pindell actions, Jewell triggers, Shilen barrels and fiberglass stocks. One stock is a Kelbly stock and the other looks like the old Shilen thumb hole style. The Kelbly stocked one is 6PPC, the other is a 6 BR 8 twist barrel. Someone told me Ferris was experimenting with heavy bullets in benchrest in his latter years. Raffle tickets are $10 each or 3 for $25.

Rex Reneau
Director of United States Benchrest Hall of Fsme

This 6BR may be a 6-40 BR, there were probably 2 that were BR chamberings. Ferris nephew Dr Davis, was planning on keeping one of them. Were it mine, I'd chamber cast it.

Edit-in going through Ferris's notes on the long bullets I found the reference "the first 6 bullets went exactly through the same hole".

Last edited:
Ferris rifles Dave Kiff (PTG reamers and gun parts) donated 2 to the World Team.

2ivfcdl.jpg

Back