Beggs Wind Probe Damper Rod

Bob Brooks

had a source for them. Jim Paganelli has his contact info. He may see this thread and chime in.

Not sure they're the same length but Gene had some for my small probe last year. Send him a pm.

Keith

Matt,

Gene is a good guy and will return your call. If he hasn't, there's a reason. Keep trying.

Dick

Dick, thanks for the kind word of confidence. Between getting old, having the flu and being lazy on top of that, I haven't been very good at answering mail.

Guys, I have plenty of replacement dampers for both the full-size and mini probes. I also have plenty of reference scales, support arms and most other parts as well except main units which contain the bearings.

Gene Beggs
genebeggs@cableone.net

Mr. Beggs replied back to me today. Miraculously, (while I was on the phone with Bob Brooks) the damper all of a sudden started working again (after I cleaned it for the sixth time). Mr. Murphy must have crawled into the damper and decided to stay awhile until I forcibly removed him this morning.

Thank you very much Gene for the reply. And thank you Bob!

Matt

Matt,

I don't know if Gene would recommend this but I occasionally would take mine apart, wipe them clean and spray them with pure silicon... no petroleum products. Be careful with those things.

Matt,

I don't know if Gene would recommend this but I occasionally would take mine apart, wipe them clean and spray them with pure silicon... no petroleum products. Be careful with those things.

Yep, that's the way to do it. Just be sure it's dry when you re-assemble it. Use a clean, soft, dry cloth to wipe the piston.

Gene

Back