Bausch & Lomb 8-32 Balvar scope

catmasher

catmasher
Has anyone had any experence with this scope? Would really like a good 32X scope.
Would 600$ be reasonable for this scope?
I shoot schuetzen at 200 yards bench.....

Has anyone had any experence with this scope? Would really like a good 32X scope.

Use Google to search for opinions/reviews. BalVar = Bausch and Lomb Variable. Do you want a vintage scope in keeping with the schuetzen theme? If so, then maybe it's a candidate. Otherwise, $600 will easily buy you a better modern scope. Good luck, whatever you pick.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a couple of B&L 6x24 Elite 4200 scopes that seem to be as good optically and in repeatability as any of the very high dollar newer scopes that I have.

B&L comment

It's been a while since I saw one of these scopes but if my memory serves correct they were nitrogen filled not argon and the seals leaked gas. After about 5 years they needed to be regassed. That alone could cost you a couple of hundred bucks. I wouldn't bother unless you want that particular vintage scope for some reason.
Andy.

When first starting out I managed a few regional yardage wins with the Balvar scope, so it can be competitive.

The lense coating was a little dark, probably for glare reducition in hunting applications, but does not affect anything when shooting from a bench in the middle of the day.

Would think you could pay alot less than $600 for a used Balvar...........Don

Back