Barrel spinner/ polishing aid

spinner dimensions

I've been meaning to ask for specific dimensions as well. I have some 3/4" 12L14 that would probably work fine for the centers.

Here is an AutoCAD drawing of mine that I made, complete with dimensions. The bearing I used is just a standard R8 bearing. I think I got them off eBay for like $5 or so.

drawings

Thanks DSM!

I thought you did it in cad and started to ask for the drawings but didn't want to ask you directly.

I thank you sincerely and now everyone can use them!

Take care, BP

I worked up my own drawing just today - but I need a bearing in my hand to measure so I can calculate clearance - but nearly identical!

BEARINGBLOCK_zpsa455afd6.jpg

Last edited:
The bearings in my spinner are 7/8" O.D. and 3/8" I.D. by 11/32 thick. The local "Bearing Distributors" in my town sold them to me. I think they are Japanese. You need to have high speed bearings, obviously.

Someone else mentioned using 12L14 for centers. I would advise against steel centers. Wood, plastic, or brass would be much easier on the barrel.

Bill Jacobs

Learn as you go!

It works perfect - I revised the drawing so the bearings press in a little easier, and opened up the through hole so the bearings can be pressed out if ever needed! I put it together today and tried it out and it works fantastic! Definitely cheaper than buying one...

DSC_1011_zps3f82f3c0.jpg

BEARINGBLOCK_zpsfc4bd5ab.jpg

Last edited:
Back