barrel question?

MRL

I have a 1.35" diameter 6mm blank can it be turned to a more user friendly diameter? Who? About how much?

I have a 1.35" diameter 6mm blank can it be turned to a more user friendly diameter? Who? About how much?

I think you would be much better off selling it to someone who wants a full blank and buy a blank pre-turned from the maker close to the contour you want. It will be better and cheaper in the long run I think.

A gunsmith turning your barrel down will take quite a bit of time to do it... and charge accordingly...

Another possibility is that if he knew who made the barrel they would contour it for a nominal fee, perhaps.

Dennis The problem is I am not sure who made it. I believe it is a Hart, Shilen or Kreiger, BUT I am not sure it was picked up in an estate sale. How do you sell a barrel and not be sure of the maker and get a decent price?

If it is a blank then it will be identified on the end. Shilen and Kreiger will have a bunch of numbers and Hart will have a Heat number. Don

If it is a blank then it will be identified on the end. Shilen and Kreiger will have a bunch of numbers and Hart will have a Heat number. Don
Shilen and Krieger stamp their names on the breech end. Krieger also has a serial number stamped.

Back