barrel markings question with a pic. thanks!!

skeetlee

I just took possession of my very first 6ppc. My rifle is an older rifle but very nice. it is a Hall action on a McMillan stock and it came with a couple barrels. One krieger and one shilen ratchet twist. The question i have is on the shilen. The marking as you will see have the numbers 891 then a 262ND. I know what the 262nd is referring to but the 891 i have no clue. I also asked this over on 6mmbr but i havent gotten any help, so i thought maybe someone over here might know. I appreciate the help!! Thanks Lee

ppchall891003.jpg

numbers on barrel

is your serial number on your action 891.or it could be a barrel log number that the gunsmith uses that did that barrel

Thank you very much for the replies. It is the serial number. I dont know why i thought it might have to do with a sizing die? I havent ever seen a barrel with a matching serial number on a custom rifle before. I never even thought about that. thanks you very much guys! Lee

If I remember correctly, When Jim Borden does Barrel jobs he notes on the barrel what action it is built for... Could be his work

Paul

I was under the impression that Gary Ockock built my rifle. I think he built it for Mr Sinclair. This is what the gentleman that sold it to me stated. Thanks I feel kinda foolish, but it just never crossed my mind to look at the receiver. Live and Learn!! Thanks Lee

Back