Barrel blank markings?

feffer

I have an old barrel blank, and am wondering about the maker. When I bought it years ago, I was mostly buying Hart and Shilen barrels (and maybe a Lilja or two) but I'm not sure what this one is. Can I tell from the end markings? The stamps I can make out are: "243" "SM" "S" "LB" and numbers "7" "6" "14" and a few other faint stamps I can't read. Also painted around the stub is something like "C.U.P.M" but these aren't too clear, so I'm guessing. Clearly it's a 6mm blank that is tapered probably LV. Just wondering about the maker...

I have an old barrel blank, and am wondering about the maker. When I bought it years ago, I was mostly buying Hart and Shilen barrels (and maybe a Lilja or two) but I'm not sure what this one is. Can I tell from the end markings? The stamps I can make out are: "243" "SM" "S" "LB" and numbers "7" "6" "14" and a few other faint stamps I can't read. Also painted around the stub is something like "C.U.P.M" but these aren't too clear, so I'm guessing. Clearly it's a 6mm blank that is tapered probably LV. Just wondering about the maker...

I would guess that it is a Shilen. The SM is maybe select match - 7 is for LV.- 6 IS 6 groove and 14 is for 14 twist and the S is for stainless ?
The L B might be for Lilja Barrels ?

Last edited:
Back