Awards and pins?

Bill Wynne

Recently my club, The San Angelo Gun Club, has been been shooting metal silhouettes with .22 LR out to 100 yards in addition to 22 benchrest. We have found quite a bit of interest in this type of shooting in our area. It is a different kind of skill from benchrest that is required for this sport and the quality of the equipment is less important.

We are considering awards for good shooting at these matches. I have in mind pins like Wilbur has for 50/50. We just want an inexpensive trinket that cost very little because we charge very little but awards someone for excellent marksmanship, maybe, ten animals in a row and winner of a match.

Does anyone know of any sources of pins or awards like these?

There is a wealth of information on these forums.

Concho Bill

Pins

Bill,
Go to "pincrafters.com" or just Google "lapel pins" it will show you a number of sites to check out. It will show a # of companies for custom pins. Hope this helps!

I just got done changing our shooting club over to an online supplier of pins saving rather a lot of money. Unfortunately for smaller clubs, the cost of the pins can get out of hand in small quantity. A dollar a piece isn't unusual. Getting down to the 70cents range will be getting 1000 pins at a time, and that's just one art version. An additional pin that's different doesn't add to your quantity, it's treated like another order (and it is).

There were several places that were competitive on price and whichever one is closest to you is probably the best choice for shipping sake. Every $ counts!

The enameled pins really do look nice. Also consider embroidered patches or even ribbons. They're usually cheaper in small quantity.

We now pay roughly the same (just more) for 1000 pins as we used to for 200. That's the kind of price spreads you can find out there. Granted, a big part of that is also the additional quantity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Winbur,

I'll have to look it up when I get home. I don't remember. I do remember several choices all with similar pricing, and just for the sake of convienence, went with one in NY for us.

I'll post later with that address

Tom's Pins

No, not me, but they do very nice work and will help you design what you're looking for...we've used them several times for pins for my sons' baseball teams to trade...we ALWAYS had the most popular pin too! They're located in Spring, TX...

http://www.softballusa.com/

Tom

Prizes "Hitch Covers"

This won't fit into the inexpensive category but they are unique. I have made some of these for my local trap club for prizes at their shoots.

The bullet style it made from solid 4" diameter brass with a stainless steel primer. It is connected to a 2" aluminum tube to fit standard hitch receivers. I can engrave any text you want on one as long as there is enough room for it.

The other style is made from aluminum and has a mil-dot on it with text wrapped around the perimeter.

I can also do other shapes and have done quite a few special orders for people wanting a company logo or special design. These take more time to program and are quoted on request.

The cost for the styles pictured are $70.50 including USPS Priority mail delivery. Turn-around time is very good and usually a week or less. If someone wanted a quantity discount I can try and work out something depending on the quantity.

All in all these are a unique quality item made right here in the USA. They make great gifts and can be truly one of a kind. If you have any questions about them get back to me at JohnNiemi@charter.net

Thanks, John

Barrett.jpg
DSC01187.jpg

Last edited:
Back