Australian 322

chaymbrd

Hello All I am beginning to work on a jug of 322 Australian 39288 50026. I would appreciate any load suggestions you have. What is the hot end for a 68 gr. Boat tail 7/10 ogive? Is it temperature sensitive? Thank You for any feedback. I would like to know the date is was made? 13.5 twist

Some questions for you

Hello All I am beginning to work on a jug of 322 Australian 39288 50026. I would appreciate any load suggestions you have. What is the hot end for a 68 gr. Boat tail 7/10 ogive? Is it temperature sensitive? Thank You for any feedback. I would like to know the date is was made? 13.5 twist

Is this Australian manufactured H-322? And is this for a 6PPC with a .237 bore? WD

Your H-322 is re-packaged ADI AR2219 http://www.adi-powders.com.au/powder-equivalents/ Some suggested loads are shown here http://www.adi-powders.com.au/rifle/6mm-ppc

Most ADI powders are very temperature stable as our military have a requirement to work in environments ranging from below 0°C to over 45°C.

I visited the factory when I was a member of the ADF, they have a lot of smart boffins working there.

* doggie *

It is a 6ppc in a 13.5 twist bartlien barrel

H322

28.5 to 29.2 (some batches will be hot at 29.6 roughly ie Just won’t shoot any good at all

There

are quite a few that use H322 around here. With a 68gr bullet such as you mentioned in your original post, the ones who use it usually start around 27.5 grains and work up to around 28.0-28.2grains. As far as temperature stability goes, it is an extreme powder from Hodgdon, for what that is worth. I've seen it pretty stable around here until the temperature gets above 80-85*. If you're from Sacramento your climate is different than ours so let it suffice to say it's worth a try. JME. FWIW. WD

Back