4th Jon Gallaher, DNF

Varmint for Score

1st Gary Bristow, 30BR, 249/20X
2nd Frank Wilson, 30BR, 249/15X
3rd Art Bosco, 30BR, 248/12X
4th Ted Heckerman, 25 Ted, 238/5X

Factory

1st Jon Aronson, 22/250, 225/1X

A light switchy tail wind confounded everyone from shooting a clean score; topped off by Gary Bristow threatening Frank that if he beat him, he could walk back to Bernett...Frank gave in.

As for Curt; after dropping a point in the first match, he magically figured out the condition and shot straight through with constant fifties while at the same time cleaning up all the lottery money.

Well that's it until August....virg.

Last edited:
ok i have look, nbrsa site is down did not find on ibs...is there a definition of factory class or is it a club level only or what ??

thanks
mike in co

ok i have look, nbrsa site is down did not find on ibs...is there a definition of factory class or is it a club level only or what ??

thanks
mike in co

If the local club allows 'Factory' entires, they make their own eligibility rules. It's usually up to the match director running the match. I limit 'Factory' class rifles to off-the-shelf rifles normally available at most sporting goods shops. I accept varmint rifles such as the Remington Sendera and sniper type police special rifles in this class as long as it is available off the rack. I further allow the factory entry to be owner bedded and a trigger job. Custom barrels or other than factory stocks are out. The rifle would then be put into the 'modified' class or compete against the benchrest rifles. My whole purpose in allowing competitors to bring their factory rifles to compete is to foster participation and let the guys observe the real benchrest world and take note of how accurate a well tuned benchrest rifle can perform. Hopefully, when they reach to plateau of their factory rifles potential, they will move up to a benchrest rifle and join in the fun....and aggravation. So far I've had about six do just that.

Other clubs if they have a 'factory' class make their own entry rules. Neither the NBRSA or IBS has a 'Factory' class designation or any awards for it.

virg

thanks...
i sorta remember jackie saying something similar...local class, but this was the second results i saw with the class so thought i would ask.
my club has three factory classes..hunter, sniper, varmit, and a couple of rimfire classes...only one class for BENCHREST rifles.

thanks

mike in co

A light switchy tail wind confounded everyone from shooting a clean score; topped off by Gary Bristow threatening Frank that if he beat him, he could walk back to Bernett...Frank gave in.

In this Texas Heat that was a no brainer. I voted for starting up the trucks and driving down to the targets to change them, just to be in the A/C for a few minutes. Sorry I missed you guys, I ALMOST made the trip down.

I missed you boys this weekend. I went to lake Charles, and was the ONLY hunter class there. I shot a 250 - 14x at 100, 244 - 4x at 200. But I had a large time with all the guys. who's going to N B on the 21st?

I missed you boys this weekend. I went to lake Charles, and was the ONLY hunter class there. I shot a 250 - 14x at 100, 244 - 4x at 200. But I had a large time with all the guys. who's going to N B on the 21st?

From what I understand, the NB match on the 19th is the normal Hunter/Varmint match and the one on the 21st is a VFS match. Right?

Virg..

Sorry I missed. Was on a farm Tour last week in upper Michigan, 85 deg with lake breeze. Stoped by the Holton Match and watched Gene take the honors for Texas.

Pat Callan

Wes, It wasn't bad, when I looked at my Thermo-Hygrometer [ http://www.thermoworks.com/products/humidity/rt817e.html ], it was registering 103 in the shade with 26% humidity. I think we saw wind from every direction except true North. It made for a challenging afternoon. The camaraderie was great, as everyone suffered together.

You like this Hygrometer... Pretty accurate..?
Reasonable price, hope it's not made by the Chi-Com's but sadly.... I'm sure it is..
I see that it has a HI / LOW reset-able memory... Nice.
I bought two devices similar to one from Wally world in 2009. Two because at $7.00 each I wanted to keep two side by side to see the variability in readings.... Temps were always real close < .9 deg separation.
The humidity was a bit more scattered.. Typically 2-3 % difference but dryer days yielded a bigger separation of around 5%.... Though,> 50% humidity they both are typically < 2% difference...

I take the one I think is more consistent to practice and matches...... BUT.... While at matches I look at as many Hygrometers around as I can to get a BETTER feel for the humidity... Seems to work.

cale

Back