Ault CO Unlimited 10/5

mtnmax925

Results from this weekend match at Ault. It was nice Colorado weekend with great shooters!!! And a kid won it!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0504.jpg
    IMG_0504.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 271
  • IMG_0505.jpg
    IMG_0505.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 324
  • IMG_0506.jpg
    IMG_0506.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 261
  • IMG_0507.jpg
    IMG_0507.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 329
  • IMG_0508.jpg
    IMG_0508.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 349
  • IMG_0509.JPG
    IMG_0509.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 351
Congrats Brandon!!!!!!!!!
Your mentor should also be proud!!!
Looks like a tough group of shooters to compete against.

"You du MAN"

CLP

Jeff-thanks for posting

Congratulations Brandon!

Back in July of 2013 you made the cover of the magazine -- as one of our promising young competitors, not quite tall enough to be able to shoot from your stool.

201307_BrandonCover.jpg

That young fella who wore a bolt holster like a hog-leg now makes his own bullets and does his own 'smithing... chambered the barrel that won both 200 yard events and shot a teen agg in 10-shot event.

You've grown into a fine young man and a tough competitor. I look forward to shooting with you whenever we get together. I suspect that we'll see your name at the top of the list many, many more times! Congratulations on the fine job you did!

Rod Brown

Ault

Back in July of 2013 you made the cover of the magazine -- as one of our promising young competitors, not quite tall enough to be able to shoot from your stool.

View attachment 19704

That young fella who wore a bolt holster like a hog-leg now makes his own bullets and does his own 'smithing... chambered the barrel that won both 200 yard events and shot a teen agg in 10-shot event.

You've grown into a fine young man and a tough competitor. I look forward to shooting with you whenever we get together. I suspect that we'll see your name at the top of the list many, many more times! Congratulations on the fine job you did!

Rod Brown
Well as your dad I could never begin to express how proud of you I have become!!! I only take credit for how much I love you and only your mom loves you that much too!!! BUT you have a lot of friends that think and feel very highly of you!!! This is why I love this game!! How much all these competitors support each other, women and kids included!! I have stuck with it because of all the support you get. I could not even begin to name all of those that have helped us. Rod, you have been amazing to us and to countless others!! THANKS!!!! Tom,Bob, Roger,Dan, Todd, Ed, Dave, Bud, Chuck, Mike, Cecil,Kelly, Gary,Walt, Larry....you have pushed all of us to get better!!! To show hard work and dedication go along way. George...thanks for your patience in helping us to make good bullets and the outstanding equipment to do so!!! I could go on and on but thanks to everyone, you know who you are. This sport is full of great people...I hope my son will stay competitive and one day like Rod and Mike and several others, go to matches and seek out new friends as well as old and help them to enjoy this great sport as much as we have!!!!

Last edited:
Dad, you can take a bow, too!

Cliff, I've watched you work hard and long to keep good horses under Brandon, and if this country had more fathers like you, we'd be far better off. Brandon you love dad with all your heart - forever!

Larry

Dad...

If you can get Brandon out of school for a week, why don't the both of you come to St. Louis for the NBRSA Nationals
while you and the rifle are both "HOT"? It will be a memory he will never forget.
For those with good memories, we have all been beat at the Nationals by a young man about 16 years old, who won the 3-Gun!
It can be done, and YOU can do it!
Ron

For some reason, when I read the title of a kid winning the match at Ault and clicked on the match report to see who it was, I really just was not surprised to find that it was Brandon McNairy. Congratulations, Brandon. I'm with Ron, hope that you can make the week at St. Louis for the Nationals. We've lost a lot of junior shooters when the Nationals was changed from the end of July for the convenience and comfort of all us older shooters to a more pleasant time of the year.

By the way, I like that format. Unlimited 5 shot and Unlimited 10 shot as it lets you see what they can do with the 5 shot format and then still shoot the more traditional 10 shot format without burning up the barrel shooting 10 shot format both days.

Last edited:
Great Day

I've been watching this thread and was at the match. Looking at what's already been said I couldn't come up with anything better to say. Those of us that have been watching him for the last few years understand that shooting like he did at this match was coming for Brandon. I wanted to share a few details of the weekend. Saturday night Cliff and I threatened to kill him in his sleep if he didn't dial it back a bit, he just looked at us and fell asleep sitting up, he was all in, used up. Sunday he got after everybody again, I realized then that he was totally completely on. What a match Brandon, congratulations!!

Some background on his chamber job: The day he was doing the work I was talking to his dad on the phone and he kept yelling at Brandon to pick it up, get the finger out etc.. because he'd been on the lathe all day with that Unlimited Barrel. Looks to me that he was being very careful and it paid off. I hope he can come to Nationals too, the problem is he's an aggressive learner that's in a bunch of AP classes he needs to do well in. If any of you guys have an in at his school, call them up and put in a good word for the sport, just maybe??

I've been watching this thread and was at the match. Looking at what's already been said I couldn't come up with anything better to say. Those of us that have been watching him for the last few years understand that shooting like he did at this match was coming for Brandon. I wanted to share a few details of the weekend. Saturday night Cliff and I threatened to kill him in his sleep if he didn't dial it back a bit, he just looked at us and fell asleep sitting up, he was all in, used up. Sunday he got after everybody again, I realized then that he was totally completely on. What a match Brandon, congratulations!!

Some background on his chamber job: The day he was doing the work I was talking to his dad on the phone and he kept yelling at Brandon to pick it up, get the finger out etc.. because he'd been on the lathe all day with that Unlimited Barrel. Looks to me that he was being very careful and it paid off. I hope he can come to Nationals too, the problem is he's an aggressive learner that's in a bunch of AP classes he needs to do well in. If any of you guys have an in at his school, call them up and put in a good word for the sport, just maybe??[/QUOTE

Thanks everyone!!! Yup he is super focused on trying to get into Air Force Academy. All I could add is for anyone that is fairly new to BR or been at it a while, my kid just shows hard work and an open mind are a big step to your own success!!! Read what these awesome competitors are saying. Make friends and go shoot for the right reasons. To better yourself and others. My son has success because he has made friends or maybe adopted grand parents(-:....and there support is why he is becoming good. I could not even begin too name all the wonderful people I have met in BR. Besides...what other sport has fierce competition, thousandths of an inch and the competitors give it there all, all year long and are still happy when others do well...especially newer shooters or ones that have struggled. So to me what is BR, well the ultimate pursuit of accuracy and maybe the ultimate pursuit of friendships.

Back