Attn: Anybody shooting at Raton this weekend...

bryan

Bryan Armatys
Double check your gear when you get home and unload your vehicle. Looks like a Farley rest and shooting stool were mistakenly loaded up and hauled off in the rush to get away from this windy place. If you have them, please respond to this post, or contact Cale Roby.
Thanks!
Bryan

Cale's Rest

Double check your gear when you get home and unload your vehicle. Looks like a Farley rest and shooting stool were mistakenly loaded up and hauled off in the rush to get away from this windy place. If you have them, please respond to this post, or contact Cale Roby.
Thanks!
Bryan

Bryan,
Dang that is bad to hear. Cale is my friend and shooting bud. He drove all night Friday night to get to Raton at 3am Sat. Cale took 3rd place in LV at 200 in that gale. I will be in Las Vegas, NM until Wed morn., then in Ruidosa, NM until Sept 2nd. If anyone close has the Farley rest and stool and we can make contact, I will take them to Cale. My cell is 580 475 8604. Someone by name of Huckabaa taught a bunch of shooters a lesson in Windreading 101. I will be heading home to Duncan, OK on Sept 3rd. Going thru Lubbock, from Ruidoso, then up Hwy 82 to Wichita Falls, Tx., and could meet along the way.

Donald

Last edited by a moderator:
Missing equiptment

Thanks Bryan and Don........
Currently I'm getting contacts of the shooters close to my shooting bench that may have inadvertently loaded my shooting stool and Farley coax II rest in a "loading rush" ..... I know this was just a mistake...

My Farley Coax II is pretty stock the only unique thing is the front stop... It's a wooden dowel with a little red color on top of the stop. Had tape with my name on the bottom of the rest but I'm sure it came off.....

My stool is a drum stool, simple 3 leg model. Pacific percussion brand.
Thanks all for the help.

I left contacts with Ed Adams and Jack Snyder ... So anybody try'n to reach me who is not online can reach me.

I can promise all that I just about turned the Coors Range up-side down... The range and EVERY bench every table behind the benches.
The entire loading barn and the Stat house.

I know I left the stool and rest on top of my assigned bench # 58 and was just gonna grab them just aft helping a few other shooters grab flags, when the call to gather-up for awards kinda side tracked me to get into the loading barn.
Was thrilled with a top 5 200LV finish and taking home a 3rd place 200 LV award after years of nothing from Raton. Tough to "Get-up" on these TREMENDOUS shooter and finish strong..! This kinda distracted me a tad from gathering up all my stuff immediately aft the 2 relay match 5 was over... I normally do.......:eek::..:rolleyes:

My stomach sank when I came out of the awards assymbly and no rest or stool.........:(

Anyone with info please contact me at 1-405-808-1219... Or shootmyppc@yahoo.com........ Through this site.
I will take care of any and all shipping to get my equiptment returned.

I trust the honesty of the Benchrest community... I know I'll get my stuff back.

Thanks all,
Cale Roby

Here is the top ten 2-gun.

Mr Huckeba was ON..! Good to see Speedy again..!
Fairly windy/switchy and just tough...

Charles Huckeba .2661
Speedy Gonzalez .2835
Jack Snyder .2850
Cecil Tucker .2959
Dan Sutton .3011
Mike Cordes .3079
Britt Robinson .3086
Tyler Adams .3088
Todd Tyler .3092
Butch Fjoser .3103

cale

Cale,
PM sent. Hate to say it but I think the person that took it knows it.

Donald

Just bumping up. Hate to say it but the person that took Cale's equipment knows it. And I would bet a dollar to a hole in a donut, that I know who it is, and have told Cale my thoughts. Sorry, but no proof.

Donald

This sort of thing is totally unacceptabe in the Benchrest community. Certainly by now the person that took Cale's rest knows by now he has an extra rest. Disgusting!!!!!

Donald

But.............

Does that person smoke?
Sorry, I'm just venting.

I hope the stuff is returned. I never thought I'd see benchrest shooters stooping this low.
BA

Great guy!

I met Cale for the first time at this match. He is one of the most pleasant people to around. He even put up with me, and some would say that's asking a lot. I really hate to hear about this. I also agree that the person who took the rest probably knows he has it. I just hope he's honest enough to contact you soon. I guess it's a good idea to mark your BR stuff. Looking forward to shooting with you again Cale, and I'll contact you before too long.

Michael

Just a bump to keep visible...... Still nothing...

Just got an E-mail from Adrian and he confirms that the equiptment had not been loaded in with their equiptment...

This is starting to look bad..................:mad:

I refuse to give-up... Still have some more contacts to look into...
Much appreciated,
cale

Back